View Full Version : LSP, Angola Phone Calls

rachelanne127
06-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Can they buy pre-paid phone cards or only collect, I'm out of state, so is there anything to have to set up, or is it just straight collect... sorry, as you can tell I have no real clue as to what I'm talking about here. Just needing some info, thanks!!

MJG'S_B
06-07-2008, 08:05 PM
My Fiance was just sentenced to deathrow today...6-7-08 and has been shipped to angola. I know it will be awhile before I hear from him, but I'd like to collect whatever information I can until that time.
He was currently at a parish jail that used the infinity network, we had an account set up, he entered a pin to call me.
My question(s) would be, does angola use this same system? If so, will he just continue to use the same pin? Do I need to just call infinity and change which site he is at now?..and if anyone happens to know, what is the address for death row inmates,and what information do I need to write him, such as maybe his inmate number on the envelope, or possibly his cell number?

madam2006
06-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Ladies, Inmate calls from Angola are collect calls only. The phone company is Global Tel Link and sorry, but no calling cards - prepaid or otherwise can be used.

The inmates address does include the inmate DOC# and housing assignment; however, since your fiance was just sentenced and shipped to Angola it may take awhile to get that information. Try this link for a better understanding of the process...http://www.corrections.state.la.us/files/2008/03/Time_in_Prison.pdf

Hope this helps. Have a great day!