View Full Version : New inmate, money in his account, not hearing a word! HELP

cmeitzle
06-05-2008, 11:08 AM
On Monday about 5pm my friend's bail was revoked at sentencing. It was unexpected. We thought he would have a few weeks to self surrender and say goodbye to his children and parents. He called me frantic on Tuesday and gave me instructions on putting money into an inmate account for him which I have done and confirmed with inmate accounts. The money has been there since Tuesday evening and no one has heard a word since!! Is this normal or should we be concerned. Someone certainly has info. His children, parents and I are panicked! Please Help with some advice.

Cindy

Doc's Sis
06-06-2008, 05:16 AM
Are you saying that you've not heard from BF since Tuesday? If you put money on his account, they'll give him a notice about it so that he can buy things from commissary - which might be once a week. Don't worry about not hearing anything if it's only two days!! Dealing with prisons is something you'll have to learn to do and not a thing moves quickly! Must learn to have oodles of patience. Hang in there, Cindy, and tell his folks also to hang in there. He will call or write when he can and it will be at the prison schedule and not necessarily when he wants to. ok??

OutHereWaiting
06-06-2008, 10:04 AM
I have been sitting here stressing like "WHY HAS HE NOT CALLED ME?" and crying and non stop worrying. I just penned him a letter about how I feel and why he hasn't called me. I feel some relief knowing that maybe he hasn't been able to get his phone card yet. I put money on his books on Wednesday night right after court and today is Friday and I have heard nothing. I just hope he is ok and I can't wait to hear his voice.

Once he gets the phone card will he be able to call me on my cell?

cmeitzle
06-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Hi...

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. It has been 16 days since he started serving his sentence and this is not too easy to adjust to. The entire system is difficult to deal with. We have to have LOTS of patience.
Today he was released from the Federal Detention Center in Philadelphia PA and was told he was being transferred to a county jail because they need the room. He is waiting for his placement at a Federal Prison Camp (white collar criminal, hand iin the cookie jar) so anyway, they told him they were sending him to The Lehigh Valley (Allentown, PA) or somewhere in either NJ or WV. Now that helps me awful lot, dosen't it?????

I called the FDC in Phila tonight and found out he is in transit...but they cant tell me to where. I have to wait till tomorrow and try to find him. They gave me a phone number for the National Location Center in DC. I hope and pray this goes a bit better tomorrow. They would not allow him to take any money...it has to stay in the Fed System. I need to find out where he is so that he has money. They also would not let him take anything with him. It is one screwed up system!

Tell me how are things going for you? Give the scoop!

Cindy

Countrydove
06-19-2008, 08:52 AM
I was just in your shoes last month. My guy hasn't got to call me in over two weeks. The guards where my guy is don't let them call all the time. To insure you he will call when he can. With infinity my guy to call my cell phone all the time. But now the prison he is in now he can not call my cell phone because he has to call collect. If you need to talk or anything just Private message me and I will be glad to lean you a shoulder.

I have been sitting here stressing like "WHY HAS HE NOT CALLED ME?" and crying and non stop worrying. I just penned him a letter about how I feel and why he hasn't called me. I feel some relief knowing that maybe he hasn't been able to get his phone card yet. I put money on his books on Wednesday night right after court and today is Friday and I have heard nothing. I just hope he is ok and I can't wait to hear his voice.

Once he gets the phone card will he be able to call me on my cell?