View Full Version : Taking back an approved visit

papisgirl
06-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Hey hey just need some input from you guys. My man got moved to max and i haven't seen him since july of 07. In April me and him both sent the proper paper work for a special visit for June. We made sure they had proper time to approve it which they did at the end of April. Well now i called up to see if i could get sunday added to the visit since i was going on saturday and i'ts an 8 hour drive the warden secretary put me on hold and came back and said sure and just wanted me to e-mail her the approval letter i had. So of course i did she said she would would send me back another form with both days so when i come for visit both days would be on there. Great super...well here we go i called her this morning first to make sure she received the e-mail i had sent her last week. She informed me that she did receive it but she is sorry to tell me that neither days have been approved now due to the fact he is on max and i am not an immediate family member . Well no shit sherlock why would i have to do a special visit if i wasn't immediate family member. she said it was AWO signature and he must not of know he was on max. HELLOOO it has is inmate number and the unit/cell he is in. Of course i cut and paste from the good old doc policy and procedures which is my bible now a days. I told them if it was in error they still need to honor their word and the approval and the person who approved it should be reprimanded not us. Just curious and need some ideas or thoughts of what i should do. like i said the approval was 4-25-08 and our visit was to be on 4-21-08. Ohh and for the record nothing has happen no infractions nothing on his side of things

robs_angel
06-06-2008, 11:55 AM
I am sorry you are going through this. I am not sure what to tell you they can be so mean about things..i wish i had better insite for you

best wishes

Katcor5
06-06-2008, 01:54 PM
I too was denied a visit this week at MCC in Chicago. I am the mother of the inmate. I was denied on Thurs and again on Sun. I drove 800 miles. The people at the front "DID NOT LIKE THE SEAL" on my ID, which was issued from the state of PA and it is the same ID that I have used for the last year. I know how you feel. They just like to feell the power that they have over you. I told one of the officers-"thank you very much and may God bless your day as you have mine"