View Full Version : I Need Ur Help And Opinion On His Release Date

hiswifeysowat09
06-03-2008, 01:57 AM
i know more then half of you are going through worst then me and know more then me about this whole sentence and percentages thing but im just curious because me and my bf have never been in this situationand now were going through it if u have any information or examples previous stuff youve heard id really appreciate it well heres the story my bf was on probation and stopped reporting for a whole year and then got a dui and his violation and dui turned into warrant so now those warrant are twos yrs old and they got him but they didnt put no extra charges just for those warrants that were 2yrs old and he went to court and he took a deal of 1yr county time was that the right thing to do ???? but his public defender said he'll be out within 2mnths because its so crowded i would really appreciate any advice or information from your experiences or knowledge of this......
ps his permenant housing is wayside and lasd.org
says his release date is 01/02/09

Lazzzy
06-03-2008, 02:29 AM
From what I know and from all the research that I've done on the outside (such as asking lawyers, bail bond people and so forth) people in LA County do a lot less time than any other county. I also know that 1 day counts as two and there are also other things that can help him to being released early such as good behavior and if he works.

As far as the sentence, maybe if he didn't take the deal then it would have been longer since he was on the run for such a long time.

moeswifey
06-03-2008, 10:27 AM
My husband took a deal in April for a year in County and turned himself in on April 28th it was better then what they wanted to give him at frist and that 25 years and the next deal was 3 years so the 1 year was nothing compared to what they could have given him and his projected release date is 12/18/2008, But I was also told that they do a lot less then then what it shows. You can suggest to your BF to apply for House Arrest or work release and see if he can get it. Sometimes they are denied but it can not hurt to try.

david25
06-06-2008, 11:23 AM
did your husband get our? I heard that people usually serve about 10% or about 36 days for a year on LA County Jail?

David25

moeswifey
06-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Hey David25, No he is not out yet it has been 39 days, From what I understand he will do 50 % which will give him a release date of 10/26/2008, But I keep being told that there is no way he will do that much time for a the charge that he is in there for. I sure wish he only did 37 days !!

Tharv1982
10-07-2008, 01:52 AM
Hey David25, No he is not out yet it has been 39 days, From what I understand he will do 50 % which will give him a release date of 10/26/2008, But I keep being told that there is no way he will do that much time for a the charge that he is in there for. I sure wish he only did 37 days !!

Did your husband get out or did he get offered house arrest?

moeswifey
10-07-2008, 02:29 PM
My husband came home on 9/25/2008 , he did 4 months and 25 days on a year. He was offered house arrest but it was denied becasue he had a violent crime from 19 years ago. If he has been in there for 4 months I would say he is almost done. What is his projected release date?