View Full Version : Do You Ever Think The Mailman Sends Your Letters To The Wrong Address?

Isweoriswenot
06-02-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm not even sure if there is a thread on here or not, but I guess I will start this off anyway.

When you don't receive letters from your love ones for a while (and I know some of us go through not receiving letters for weeks at a time and knowing they sent one but you just never received it). Do you ever think that the letters that are sent to you might just happen to get mailed to the wrong address?

I know this happens because I have had this happen on a few occasions and I just so happen to have a nice neighbor from down the street who brought one of my letters to me one day. :)

brittni
06-02-2008, 06:11 PM
every day i think that lol ,but i have yet to recive one from another person other than the mail man

woofersrose
06-02-2008, 06:26 PM
This is entirely possible. Most mail is sorted by machine. I worked for the USPS at Christmas and learned a lot. It was very easy for letters to end up in the wrong bag, fal off the sorting machine, get stuck in a mail bag, be read wrong by the machine, etc. Yes we are trained to check and double check our steps but everyone who works there is human. From the temporary time there, I have to salute all our postal workers.

Isweoriswenot
06-02-2008, 07:01 PM
This is entirely possible. Most mail is sorted by machine. I worked for the USPS at Christmas and learned a lot. It was very easy for letters to end up in the wrong bag, fal off the sorting machine, get stuck in a mail bag, be read wrong by the machine, etc.

Yeah I give the USPS people their props.:cool: But sometimes when mail gets in the wrong hands like other peoples bills and bank statements and such it is real easy for someone to be peeping out your info.

ThatOneChick
06-02-2008, 07:48 PM
I don't usually blame the mail going to the wrong place I blame the peeps at the joint for not mailing it out :) although we have only lost one letter so far...im keeping my fingers crossed.

spbabie112
06-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Lol I am constantly thinking that. I think that about my letters AND his letters. I am always afraid that they will get lost. I am so paranoid about everything lol but it can happen...sometimes it does happen. I guess I am paranoid for a good reason. I freak out the most when I go a really long time without a letter.

robs_angel
06-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Yeah i have those days i blame it one not getting mail when i think i should

Lonelyhearts
06-02-2008, 08:48 PM
It has happen to me. The mail person put my letter in someone else locked mailbox in my apts. Days later it appeared on top of the main box where everyone puts there out going mail. And of course the pretty stamped Correctional Facility was there for all to see. That letter, my honey drew a very pretty rose on the envelope. I was glad to get it back from some nice neighbor...
I use to handle the mail at my last job. I can't tell you how many time I would find a letter or bill that was left inside the empty bags they would give the company to use. Those bags would sit empty for months in a pile until I would have the use for them. I would send them back on there way hoping that they would get to the right person..
someday... LOL...

NtShadow
06-11-2008, 04:08 AM
Yes, I do wonder. I have gotten neighbors mail in my own box even as far as a block away.

DontFakethefunk
06-15-2008, 12:38 PM
I always think about this,me and my mailman dont get along, possably because I daily stalk out my mail box around mail time haha..but he is a jerk he purposaly takes his break right in front of my house (eats a sandwich and smokes) before he gives me my mail! he drives me crazy!

Dannie
06-15-2008, 01:24 PM
I just had this happen. A letter was delivered to my neighbor right across the street.
At first, I was really *@#!% upset but then I remembered something on read here at PTO: Those who judge don't matter and those who matter don't judge. That's become my mantra!

msonlydabest
06-15-2008, 01:51 PM
I live in a 3 family house and of course we own it, on Saturday I really wasn't expecting any mail and I didn't get any or at least I thought that.....It just so happened that the girl upstairs her name is Melissa (like me too).....

Well I had check the mail and about an hr later my mother comes in with mail and I am like wtf and she's like the mailwoman musta put it in the wrong box....

I was really upset because the last names are a big difference and really we respect each other mail thank god but had they been careless and whatever it would have never gotten to me......I just hope this was the first time and the last time