View Full Version : Vonage & GTL Problems

Soc7
06-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Like many of you I am having probelms with GTL!

I got a new number local to the prison through Vonage, to reduce the charge per call (which was about $7 for 20 Min.) I set up a prepaid account with GTL using their automated system. Everytime my husband tries to call me they tell him a block is on my line.

I understand Vonage does not allow collect calls, but it seems many of you have been able to set up a GTL pre paid account with vonage. According to GTL, Vonage has a block on my number, and the prison wont allow my number on his list. According to the prison and vonage it is GTL's problem. I do not know what to do...I can't get straight answers from GTL...does anyone have any advice? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions...thanks!

itsybitsyspider
06-03-2008, 04:34 AM
It seems that everyone has a totally different experience everytime which is kind of unfortunate. I'd say keep calling and keep asking to speak to a supervisor until you can get what you want. It's likely that you'll get a different story every time but HOPEFULLY someone will eventually get it resolved.

There was a 24 hour period where it said I had a block on my phone when my guy called me but when I called GTL - they showed no record of it. They later just made a story up about how he was dialing the number the wrong way, no different than any other day he dials it. So it's frustrating, but keep trying. Wost case scenario, get a NEW vonage number and have him add that and see if it works. Good luck!

*RaymondzWifey*
06-03-2008, 08:31 AM
:)GTL are scandlous,they know we are in their mercy for communicating with our men and loved ones.Somehow we all have to band together and start fighting this as a group not one by one,ya feel me?GTL are the ones who have controlling licensing for the prison calls I asked Sage telecomunicate this very question so a very nice rep. from the company looked it up and told me thjey did. So what that means they are the ones who can give the O.K. to these outside phone Co. to allow us these calls.I don't know if this helps you any but take this info and make your calls with it.*RaymondzWifey* Like many of you I am having probelms with GTL!

I got a new number local to the prison through Vonage, to reduce the charge per call (which was about $7 for 20 Min.) I set up a prepaid account with GTL using their automated system. Everytime my husband tries to call me they tell him a block is on my line.

I understand Vonage does not allow collect calls, but it seems many of you have been able to set up a GTL pre paid account with vonage. According to GTL, Vonage has a block on my number, and the prison wont allow my number on his list. According to the prison and vonage it is GTL's problem. I do not know what to do...I can't get straight answers from GTL...does anyone have any advice? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions...thanks!

heavenknows
06-03-2008, 09:04 AM
This may help somewhat I recently got a pre-paid account with gtl and I live in North carolina but I have a local Pittsburgh number that I got from www.local123.net (http://www.local123.net) I put howmuch money I wnat into my account with gtl and I pay $1.65 per 30 minute call and it's 3.99 a month to keep that number. You can put in up to 3 numbers you want callled and when your family member calls the number that you are assigned the then reroute it to one of the 3 numbers you have listed in order of first number secind number.... until that either reach you or have exhausted each number. I tried it and it works!!!!!!!!! you just have to sign up, pay your cost for your number and wait for them to respond to you with your new number. also, your family member has to get the new number and put it on their call list once that is done and you have set up your account with money ib it through gtl it should go through. you'll be looking at about 1- 2 weeks. If I confused you or you are interested and still are unsure pm me and I'll fill you in( oh, in a rush to get ready for work so please excuse any misspelled words!:)

Soc7
06-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Thank you for your help...I sincerely appreciate the responses!

Does anyone know if it is allowed to have more than one GTL line per house hold? I still have my verizon account with GTL (it is not an advance pay or pre-pay account...just the regular they bill me, I pay...), but he has not called it since I have been trying to get the Vonage # to work with GTL.

I got a new vonage # called the automated account set up # for advance pay with GTL...I will see how it goes this time. Do I need to talk to a representitive for GTL to get it activated?

itsybitsyspider
06-04-2008, 06:13 AM
If it's a new number - then yes, you'll have to set up another account. I do remember reading somewhere here that someone had issues with having two accounts under their name, but I've never had any issues at all. Good luck!