View Full Version : Global tel link RIP OFF!!!!

angelfemsd
06-01-2008, 06:27 PM
I have had it with Global Tel Link, I opened up an account with them, they lost my money, and put a block on my phone:angry: Now I have been onthe phone with them 6 or 7 times they told me they have to find my money that they put into someone elses account, I cant recieve any calls from my husband, They put me on hold over and over again I ask for a Supervisor they tell me they wont come to the phone to help me and then hang up on me, I am so frustrated:mad: and come to find out through my local phone company they have had over 200 complaints,,,please lets take some action on these people, they hve no right to take our hard earned money, and knowing that we have our loved ones in the system and no other way for them to reach us, so they are taking advantage of us...please let me know if you also are having trouble, and please contact the FCC and make reports so they can fix the customer service issues, also taking money and not providing us a sercvice we pay for:mad:
Below is the information youneed to file a complaint...

If you have problems with the rate you are billed for a call from a public or payphone, first try to resolve it with the provider or the company billing you for the call. If you are unable to resolve it directly, you can file a complaint with the FCC. There is no charge filing a complaint. You can file your complaint using the on-line complaint Form 2000B found on the FCC Web site at www.fcc.gov/cgb/complaints.html (http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/complaints.html). You can also file your complaint with the FCC’s Consumer Center by e-mailing fccinfo@fcc.gov; calling 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322) voice or 1-888-TELL-FCC (1-888-835-5322) TTY; faxing 1-866-418-0232; or writing to:
Federal Communications Commission
Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Inquiries & Complaints Division445 12th Street, SW[/center]
Washington, DC 20554
What to Include in Your Complaint
The best way to provide all the information the FCC needs to process your complaint is to complete fully the on-line complaint Form 2000B. If you do not use the on-line complaint Form 2000B, your complaint, at a minimum, should indicate:
your name, address, e-mail address, and phone number where you can be reached;
the telephone and account numbers that are the subject of your complaint;
the names and phone numbers of any companies involved with your complaint;
the amount of any disputed charges, whether you paid them, whether you received a refund or adjustment to your bill, the amount of any adjustment or refund you have received, an explanation if the disputed charges are related to services in addition to residence or business telephone services; and
the details of your complaint and any additional relevant information.
B]For More Information[/b]

For information about other telecommunications issues, visit the FCC’s Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau Web site at www.fcc.gov/cgb (http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/), or contact the FCC’s Consumer Center using the information provided for filing a complaint.

Sassy7
06-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Angelfemsd -- thanks so much for this particular thread/post. I am so feeling you with all that you wrote here. Yes GTL is a rip off. And yes I sincerely feel that any one of us that has experienced ANY type of problems with GTL should call the FCC and then follow the phone call up with a serious letter. I will get right on writing the letter and call the FCC first thing Monday morning. I HATE GTL but they have California DOC tied up and there are NO other phone choices to go thru. No matter what company you go thru -- they must go thru GTL. They are ripping all of us. Something serious must be done and it must be done real soon. I know they are eating a big a$$ hole in my bank account.

Let's do this y'all.

angelfemsd
06-01-2008, 07:00 PM
I think that if we really join together as a group we can take action against these people. thank you so much for your post, I just got off with them again just now and my money is lost and they said they wont be able to recover it and basically tuff luck to me:angry:so they said give them another $50.00 and they would open me a new account, WHAT ARE THEY KIDDING:angry: I want to help other ladies is the same situation....
God belss you sweetie, I know as a team we can move mountains....:thumbsup:
We are strong women...:D

Angelfemsd -- thanks so much for this particular thread/post. I am so feeling you with all that you wrote here. Yes GTL is a rip off. And yes I sincerely feel that any one of us that has experienced ANY type of problems with GTL should call the FCC and then follow the phone call up with a serious letter. I will get right on writing the letter and call the FCC first thing Monday morning. I HATE GTL but they have California DOC tied up and there are NO other phone choices to go thru. No matter what company you go thru -- they must go thru GTL. They are ripping all of us. Something serious must be done and it must be done real soon. I know they are eating a big a$$ hole in my bank account.

Let's do this y'all.

moma k
06-01-2008, 08:47 PM
gtl,also basically has GA TIED UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jasonzwifey2011
06-02-2008, 09:20 AM
New Jersey too...

destineysfate
06-02-2008, 10:48 AM
NC too

Kat
06-02-2008, 11:07 AM
I hate Ga and GTL.....

ddias84
06-02-2008, 06:06 PM
I feel exactly the same as all of you I HATE GTL. I have been on the phone arguing with them for the past 13 days and I am sick and tired of it and I was actually in tears with them today and all they tell me is call back tomorrow ahhhhhhhhhh I hate this I want to talk to my husband. I have been recieving calls for almost a year now and have never had a probelm and never had a block before and ALWAYS paid my bill but recently my credit card number was used fruduantly and I had to cancel my credit card that I use to pay all of my online bills which includes GTL so when they tried to process my payment it was declined for a lost or stolen card and then they put a block on my phone I called and they said all that I could do is get a lettt from my bank explaining the situation and until then go to westrern union and make a payment to get my phone off block so I did those 2 things about 10 days ago and I still have a block on my phone and no one can help me and I ALWAYS Ask to speak to a supervisor but like you said they say that there is no supervisor for this issue and then they hang up on me after I wanit on hold for 2 hours to actaully get a live person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do I do I hate them sooooo much.

angelfemsd
06-02-2008, 10:01 PM
I am so sorry to hear what you are going through, but I am right there with you this has been a nightmare:mad:, no calls, and not hearing from our men is awful and are hands are tied with this dam company, you need to call the fcc, and report them, and then they will help you take action with them, all the info I posted gives you all the information you will need, I have alot of ladies pming me to help them, I just got off the phone with them again and they still lost my money in another account and want me to pay another 50 to fix my account they screwed up, and I dont have the money right now....:confused::angry:
let me know if you need anything, good luck!!!!
Angel

I feel exactly the same as all of you I HATE GTL. I have been on the phone arguing with them for the past 13 days and I am sick and tired of it and I was actually in tears with them today and all they tell me is call back tomorrow ahhhhhhhhhh I hate this I want to talk to my husband. I have been recieving calls for almost a year now and have never had a probelm and never had a block before and ALWAYS paid my bill but recently my credit card number was used fruduantly and I had to cancel my credit card that I use to pay all of my online bills which includes GTL so when they tried to process my payment it was declined for a lost or stolen card and then they put a block on my phone I called and they said all that I could do is get a lettt from my bank explaining the situation and until then go to westrern union and make a payment to get my phone off block so I did those 2 things about 10 days ago and I still have a block on my phone and no one can help me and I ALWAYS Ask to speak to a supervisor but like you said they say that there is no supervisor for this issue and then they hang up on me after I wanit on hold for 2 hours to actaully get a live person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do I do I hate them sooooo much.

angelfemsd
06-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Well I only have 6 days and those dam people put another block on my phone, Why I have no idea... Ugh!!! I am so over it...

ctzgirl
06-10-2008, 05:59 PM
all of the above is true here in VA too....GTL has got to go!!!!!!!!!

kitten6920
06-11-2008, 01:16 AM
I have been fighting them every step of the way! I called to complain that my phone was not getting the calls and not even 24 hours later there is a block on my phone! Now my husband and I have not talked for 2 weeks! It's sad really because I get to see his daughter and he has no idea about anything that has been going on! Im glad someone else noticed that this company is nothing but a bunch of lying assholes sitting behind a desk and sucking our money away! I thought I was the only one who noticed this and now im glad im not alone!~

Sara:mad:

orchidia_168
06-11-2008, 01:38 AM
the same goes for ny....

Angelsdelight
06-11-2008, 07:15 AM
I'm so put off but as there the only phone company i can get an account with hes in cali I have to :( I've been trying for 2 days straight to open an account, I finally got through today greeted with someone who has a badddddd attitude. I just put phone down.

thingstosay
06-11-2008, 07:38 AM
OH FL toooooooo.... GTL is so a rip off, They have taken so much of my money, I will write & call the FCC today, Thank you for the info.

whytrip
06-11-2008, 08:45 AM
I call to check my account balance with GTL, and it said that I had a credit balance of $65.00 and some change. It puzzled me, because I don't over pay my acct no more than $20.00. They assured me that it was correct. Everyday I kept trying to figure out how this could be, because I know what I use. I read a post today that said GTL lost their money, so I called them back concerning the credit balance on my acct. Behold... they had credited someone $76.00 and some change to my account and I immediatly told them to research it and credit to that person acct... who Im sure is angry:angry:. The representitive was shocked that someone has integrity. I told her I didn't want that person to be unable to hear from their love one, or be told "there is nothing we can do", or flag my acct as fraud. So if you are the one whose money was credited to my acct, rest assure I will not stop checking on it until it properly on your acct:thumbsup:. How could this happen? They give us a hardtime and we are in this together. So please, if this sort of thing happens to you...it's not a blessing to recieve free calls at someone elses expense. You will eventually pay a higher price than what was accidently credited to your acct. I think if more people knew that money was accidently place on their acct and reported it, then alot of phone calls wouldn't be blocked preventing us from hearing from our family, friends, husbands, or whoever. God Bless You :).

LOWRYDERHYNA
06-11-2008, 04:41 PM
I call to check my account balance with GTL, and it said that I had a credit balance of $65.00 and some change. It puzzled me, because I don't over pay my acct no more than $20.00. They assured me that it was correct. Everyday I kept trying to figure out how this could be, because I know what I use. I read a post today that said GTL lost their money, so I called them back concerning the credit balance on my acct. Behold... they had credited someone $76.00 and some change to my account and I immediatly told them to research it and credit to that person acct... who Im sure is angry:angry:. The representitive was shocked that someone has integrity. I told her I didn't want that person to be unable to hear from their love one, or be told "there is nothing we can do", or flag my acct as fraud. So if you are the one whose money was credited to my acct, rest assure I will not stop checking on it until it properly on your acct:thumbsup:. How could this happen? They give us a hardtime and we are in this together. So please, if this sort of thing happens to you...it's not a blessing to recieve free calls at someone elses expense. You will eventually pay a higher price than what was accidently credited to your acct. I think if more people knew that money was accidently place on their acct and reported it, then alot of phone calls wouldn't be blocked preventing us from hearing from our family, friends, husbands, or whoever. God Bless You :).
BLESS YOUR HEART THAT IS THE MOST DECENT THING TO DO. U DESERVE A PAT IN THE BACK AND A CITIZEN SHIP AWARD FOR WHAT U DID. THAT RIGHT OTHER MAY NOT HAVE DONE WHAT U DID. WOW WE DO HAVE SOME GOOD PEOPLE LEFT IN THE WORLD..:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::th umbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::th umbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::th umbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

whytrip
06-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Thank you Tiffany. I have called GTL for 2weeks and they advised me of the payment, but said it was a western union payment, or money order sent in on my acct. They NEVER told me about a credit, or I wouldn't have mentioned it on here. I've called several times in just the last two days and they never said anything about a credit. Yes...I would be happy to recieve a credit, but not at no one elses expense. Trust me I'm not holier than thou, but when I read post stating, "GTL lost their money". It breaks my heart. I'm glad to know it's a possible credit and not someone elses hard earned money, and this is just MY views. I will inform once I contact them with the info I recieved about the credit.

whytrip
06-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Tiffany and Daisy MAy was right. Before I could call them back...the lady who I spoke to for the only God knows how many times promised me she would send the request to her supervisior and 3-5 days they would post it back to the individuals acct. Do U believe she called me back to explain the credit to me and said it was my money. I feel better knowing that then it being someone elses as they told me for the past 2weeks. Pto has been my strenth during some very hardtimes and I read all the unfortunate things people with loved ones incarcerated go through and I in no means wanted to take advantage of that. So please excuse my preaching on the thread,it came from a good place...my heart. Thanks again Tiffanny and Daisy. God Bless.

tpounds2003
06-12-2008, 09:35 AM
Please help me. I live in the BX in NY and my man is in Ulster. I can't seem to find a way to set up the phone to get calls. I have Optimum and when i called them they stated there is no blocks on my phone they just can't handle collect calls. Everytime I call global links number I only get as far as the system telling me to call my phone company to take the block off. I haven't been able to get a live person. I am fustrated at this point and ready to cry. I haven't spoken to my man in about 2 weeks now with no hope in site. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

JsMamas
06-12-2008, 02:00 PM
I have had many, many problems with GTL and have complained until I am blue in the face, and my fingers hurt from typing! I have decided to move on from that particular situation and just make my lemonade from the lemons they (GTL) keep handing me. But make sure you check your accout, because GTL is having to credit California customers for overcharging. I was actually blocked from them "misapplying" my last payment, and I spoke to 6 different people over a 3 week period. Once they finally applied the payment to my account, the was an additional $87 credit given to me. I called immediately to get it cleared up; because I didn't want soemone else to go through what I had just gone through with the "misapplied" payment. Well, come to find out that was the credit they owed me because they lost a lawsuit in CA for overcharging customers. Just make sure you review your account carefully, and know what the credits are.... and Good Luck at releasing the anger at an unfortunate situation that won't be changing anytime soon!

moma k
06-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Well,for two weeks straight,I have fought with these people about my phone,,and I have sent in three western unions,a total of 195$,,and the first time was $65,they told me western union never sent,problems with WU,so I sent more money they said they would credit my account when they find money,,a week later they never found money,so sent it to claims dept,I called western union,they said gtl is blaiming them for their OWN stupidity,that gtl received the money I sent the first time 7 minutes AFTER it was sent,they even had the ck #,,sooooo 3 days later I got a real as----- on the phone,and they said,Western u couldnt have told me that,,what,PLEASE DONT TELL ME WHAT I KNOW I HEARD!!!!!DUH,,,,,OK,after two weeks a very nice girl answered my call and basically told me that gtl is wrong the way they treat people and that there really wasnt anything wrong with WU,gtl blaiming them,she also said that GTL HAS OVERLOADED THEIR AS- with taking on toooo many state prisons and its going to get bad,very bad,because gtl has in no way enough people to process that many accts,,SHE SAID SHE WAS GOING TO QUIT@!!!!!!!!!

moma k
06-12-2008, 10:17 PM
HMMMMMMM,I WANDER IF MY MONEY WENT TOOO:eek:,,$65!!!!!!:eek::confused:

angelfemsd
06-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Well the exact thing happened to me they so called lost my money, absolutly redciulous.
Ladies please make a report the the FCC that is the only way we can fix this mess, they needto be under investigation.
Truly I believe that some of the employees are poketing the mony, because there are way to many accounts missing there money.:angry:
the more people we have that can protest this company we will get it fixed to beable to talk to our loved ones...

sscared
06-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Thank You So Much For These Posts I Hope To Avoid Them...do You Know If Federal Prisons In Fl Use Them?

justvicki
06-13-2008, 02:28 PM
A class action suit needs to be filed against them. It just takes someone willing to take it on.

heartbroken9
06-16-2008, 01:23 PM
wow... I guess everyone hates GTL.. they do absolutely suck! not only do they lose money, the calls barely go thru, i know my in laws try to talk and get disconnected or cant even accept a call and it charges them everytime! what a freaking rip off. i have a question though, is there a limit each month on calls from the inmate to us?

angelfemsd
06-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Ladies My husband is home now and I will be starting a petition on petition.com, and get it posted right away, if we want to stop these actions from happening to and our loved ones we need to get on this right away, my husband has been reading the posts with me and and he said that they guys in prison, understand what is going with GTL, so please keep your heads up and we will take action right away, it's funny cause know, most definately I am becoming an activist, for GTL, Prison Reform, It is definately on and craackin....
so anyone that reads this thread and wants to join with me please let me know.
we are wives of inmates and we also have rights, and GTL needs to be fixed it is a very big problem....
god bless you all
Angel

Angelsdelight
06-17-2008, 11:27 AM
I'll definitely be signing it , I really could reel off a huge list of expletives about that company today !!!!!!!!!! Will you post again when the petitions on to let us know ?

codasgirl04
06-17-2008, 11:39 AM
so i was on the phone with them b/c they charged me for a insufficient funds call last night-ummmmmm hello I told them I always make sure i have money on there! they told me there was nothing they could do about it!!! grrrrrr...... There had better not be a block on my phone tonight!!

2sleepy
06-17-2008, 12:21 PM
find out who in your state controls telephone services, it's usually the public utilities commission- you will likely get better results through them than you will through the FCC which is about as useless as tits on a bull. Also, look in the forum for your state here on prison talk and see if there is information for a contact for the agreement between your state's prisons and GTL. They have to file a tariff agreement, it states what they can and can't do.
The only way we can put this evil company out of business is to make them follow their own rules and constantly follow up with complaints when they violate them. For instance, GTL in California tells you that you can't use a service like local123.net because you can't forward calls AND that they think you are cheating the system by getting a number close to the prison, well yes I'm trying to save money - shame on me! when I contacted the California state prison phone administrator I was told- 'yes, they can try to restrict forwarding, but basically you can have a phone # in any state you want as long as it does not involve forwarding' (i.e. Vonage)

TiffanyFL
06-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Well, come to find out that was the credit they owed me because they lost a lawsuit in CA for overcharging customers. Just make sure you review your account carefully, and know what the credits are.... and Good Luck at releasing the anger at an unfortunate situation that won't be changing anytime soon!

GTL is NOT, I repeat NOT responsible for the rates or the rate changes for ANY DOC facility!! CADOC made a mistake and they (CADOC) implemented a retroactive credit (from September 2007 - May 2008) for all customers who are recieving calls from a correctional facility in CA. If you were to check your phone bill, you will notice that the rates for your calls from the CADOC facility were reduced as well.

I just wanted to clear up that point.