View Full Version : Visiting When Inmate in SHU

PoohBaby
06-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Has anyone ever been to visit an inmate when they were in SHU, or the "hole"? I didn't think these inmates got visits, but I've been asked to coem visit on a Thursday, when I know the regular population doesn't have visits, so I'm assuming this is a specific day for those in SHU. Can anyone tell me exactly what the deal is on that? and is it just like other visits, in the visiting room, times, etc? I guess i could go on BOP and find out, but i of course wanted first hand information. Thanks a bundle. and of course, this is FED, BOP, rather than state-related

lenny'sbaby
06-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi
It depends on where he is. Each place handles it a little different.

Pvt. Peach
06-05-2008, 09:53 PM
My SO was in the SHU fo 3 months. He was in Atlanta USP ( fed) and the visits were more strict- one kiss coming one kiss going. We used to joke about that b/c he was at the camp where we were constantly kissing and hugging. I had to sit on one side and he sat on the other. No hand holding. No TV, limited snacks. There is a special visiting room for SHU. Visiting hours were 8:30 -3pm just like the camp. But you may want to check with the specific facility. They were also more strict on the dress code.

robs_angel
06-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Everywhere does it different.. i visited when my baby was in the hole, it was through glass. i got to see him at least.. i hated glass visits but..

PoohBaby
06-07-2008, 12:05 PM
thanks, i talked to sean last night, and he said its the same visiting room, different day of course, and just SHU inmates.