View Full Version : How is this even possible?

FanciTeddyBear
06-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Hey all. I was just wondering how this is possible or why? I sent my honey a letter last Saturday and he still hasn't received it. He sent me one last Wed or Thurs (the 21st/22nd). He also sent a letter to my friend (which i'm totally fine with because she's married and moving to europe and will be gone for eight years and she just wanted a penpal because she's not working since they're moving in a month) anyways he sent her letter out on monday and she received her letter yesterday. Why would she get hers but him and i not get ours? I know neither one of them had any explicit content that would give them a reason not to deliver them. It's just weird and bothering me because i haven't got a letter in 3 weeks. Does anyone have any ideas about how or why this can happen? :confused::confused:

Suthrndreamgirl
06-01-2008, 04:41 PM
That is strange...mostly because you sent to him (& he hasn't received)...& he sent to you (& you haven't received), yet your friend has. The most common explaination would be slow or lost in the mail. But with it ONLY happening to your letters to each other??? We went through something similar awhile back. It took a MONTH before I received one of his letters. It was one he mailed with several photos (Family photos that are irreplacable...I was SO worried!) It FINALLY came...unopened...undamaged. So the reason why??? We'll never know. There was a new mail woman working at the prison...maybe that was a factor??? After that happened to us, I started marking my calender as to when I mailed off letters & when he received them. It use to only take 3 days...over the next, month it was taking 5. ???? Now they're coming on time again. I wish I had a better answer for you. Just keep watching the mailbox.

FanciTeddyBear
06-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Thank you. Ya I know it's so confusing. I'm checking the mailbox like crazy. I even checked it TODAY! Go figure! I'm so confused. :confused::confused: Lol.

robs_angel
06-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Sorry, no mail sucks i know i would blame it on slow mail.. hope you get your letter soon.

Flaca71
06-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Hey there...just have faith and be patient...my man and I went through this about a year ago...he mailed out a letter to me and one to my daughter....well we never got anything, never got anything....well we found out that the investigator had the letters that he sent out....they were just wanting to see how long we had been writing since I was an ex-doc employee...he got called in and explained that we have done nothing wrong, that I was divorced at the time, and all of that...and of course the investigator was like I know...I know....we just wanted to make sure that no one is going to get hurt over this relationship....give me a break...we mark our envelopes on the outside with the date to see how long it takes...when he sends them to me it usually takes a couple of days...when I send them, usually about five...damn snail mail....oh well....

FanciTeddyBear
06-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Ya i'm usually much more patient but because he sent my letter out before hers yet she's received hers first is confusing. Plus why wouldn't he get mine? That's just weird.:confused::confused: Plus it's my first letter in 3 weeks. Darn skippy i'm goin crazy for it. :p

Isweoriswenot
06-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Ya i'm usually much more patient but because he sent my letter out before hers yet she's received hers first is confusing. Plus why wouldn't he get mine? That's just weird.:confused::confused: Plus it's my first letter in 3 weeks. Darn skippy i'm goin crazy for it. :p

I had this happen twice and the mail man delivered it to the wrong address. I know this can happen because one of my friendly neighbors from down the street just was nice enough to bring it to the house and tell me the mail man delivered it to the wrong address.

FanciTeddyBear
06-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Well i really hope i get it tomorrow. It's my b-day and he doesn't have any phone time to call me. :( so i would like to have something from him.:cool:

robertegarrett
06-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Incoming prison mail is screened with much higher scrutiny than outgoing mail. It is stuff coming into the institution. I would not take a delay of one incoming against another as anything more than the scutiny and opinion of the daily screener, or the institutional concerns at any moment...... I sometimes get mail delivered in five days, and sometimes in five weeks. If you put any photos or attachements into your letters, that is sure to bring extra scrutiny.

FanciTeddyBear
06-05-2008, 01:34 AM
Well i got a letter from him today. I'm guessing he mailed it out on Saturday. It was slow mail getting to him but for some reason he had to send me a second letter. The first letter is still MIA. And this one got to me in 3 days!! Sooo weird. Well i'm just happy i got a letter:D