View Full Version : His first call home!

ChannyG
06-01-2008, 02:42 PM
I got my first call yesterday after 2 weeks and 2 days. I was so happy i cried the whole time ,then after i got off the phone with him...it took me like 45 minutes just for me to calm down. I spoke with him three times yesterday and once today. I told him not to call so much since he only has 300 minutes a month anyway. But my feeling....i can't really put into words. I was so happy just to hear his voice. It seems like his voice never sounded so sweet. I felt good knowing that he was okay...i guess that was my biggest worry anyway. Let me now about your first call? Did you cry? Or did you smile so hard your face started to hurt?

robs_angel
06-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Thats great! phone calls are the best!!

MrsSmith2009
06-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Congrats! I remember our first call. I cried and laughed. I'm glad you were able to talk to him!

timsbaby41
06-01-2008, 03:41 PM
sweeeeet.I love my phone calls too

kim78
06-01-2008, 03:49 PM
on my first call, he called me at work and I was beyond over joyed. He went in right before memorial day so we had to wait until Tuesday for the county jail to get everything set up for him. I cried for most of it, one of the attorneys came up to me, saw me crying and figured out it was my babe on the phone and just walked away...When he was in county we talked every morning at 10 am 3 pm and 8 pm...and we still couldn't get enough time on the phone!

DWsgirl
06-02-2008, 07:31 PM
I missed the first call since he called my cell and I didn't have service. I checked my message and cried so hard when I heard that prison recording. He called again the next night and I smiled until my face hurt. It was so good just to hear the sound of his voice. He now calls 3 times a week. The 15 mins seems to get shorter everytime. I hate to hear that first beep. But I go for my first visit in 2 weeks. His sister and I are driving out for a week. We will be visiting Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. We are leaving home at like 5am just to make sure we get there in time to get in on Thursday. I am so excited I can't wait.

mpl5164
06-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Congratulations! first calls are always exciting! I know the feeling, I have a hard time letting her off the phone too! Week day calls we try to limit to 30 minutes, but the weekend calls tend to be 4-30 minute calls......;) but anything just to hear her voice and know she's okay!. Best to you!
Michael

kneljson
06-03-2008, 03:37 PM
When I talked to my hubby the first time I just stopped and asked him are you serious? Then I smiled from ear to ear.... :)