View Full Version : Need Help

05-30-2008, 07:16 PM
My husband was just sentenced to 5-7 years. The prison he is at now does not allow him to go to school and he wants to go to school. He is 3 1/2 hours away. How do I get him moved to a prison that allows him to go to school and that is closer to home. We tried a hardship transfer because our children are on breathing machines and his mom is disabled, but they denied it. Help!!!!!:(

Doc's Sis
06-01-2008, 01:48 PM
So sorry about the health problems and that they won't move him closer to home. Am sure it creates more stress for both of you.
Most prisons allow inmates to take correspondence courses. His prison won't allow this even if you pay any fee involved? Or, are you asking that he be allowed to live the prison to attend a local college? It ain't gonna happen! Tell him to talk with his counselor about correspondence classes.