View Full Version : The President's Analyst

whiz-bang
05-30-2008, 12:59 PM
In the movie, James Coburn's character (the president's analyst) falls afoul of The Phone Company (not to spoil the plot for anyone) and all sorts of bad things begin to happen to him. It takes him a while to figure out who (or what) was behind his misfortunes and that, of course, is the story line.

As I click my way around this forum, I am beginning to suspect the "Analyst" screenwriters may have been on to something.

At the risk of having a team of assassins deployed against me, I must point out that you have "posters" in this forum who do nothing but offer advice on how to sign up for a particular prison call plan.

Is this advertising? Is it ethical to advertise if you don't tell your target audience that they're looking at an ad?

Is there any such thing as ethical advertising?

FD

Doc's Sis
06-01-2008, 01:50 PM
I just posted about the service I use - and it is NOT advertising. Was simply saying how much I love the company I'm using and suggesting that someone else call them to get details. PCO and other companies don't pay anyone to talk about them on this forum!!

whiz-bang
06-02-2008, 08:32 PM
I just posted about the service I use - and it is NOT advertising. Was simply saying how much I love the company I'm using and suggesting that someone else call them to get details. PCO and other companies don't pay anyone to talk about them on this forum!!

If you really believe that, go to the prison phones forum and look up the posts of frequent flyers.

I certainly wasn't writing about you, personally, Doc'sSis. But I get a little suspicious when I see that someone has 20 posts or so and every one of them is a how-to manual for signing up with a particular prison phone service:confused:.

After all, why wouldn't they advertise here? I just think PTO should figure out a way to generate some revenue from their ads:thumbsup:.

Peace.

FD