View Full Version : Please help...need step by step instructions

truelove90
05-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Ok I am on info overload!:eek:
I have a friend in Pinellas County Jail ( Florida ) and we were able to talk for the last 2 weeks and then today he called and I picked up and was told that I had reached my limit for collect calls ? I am in Connecticut by the way...so I know my next phone bill will be killer!

I am so new to this and while I know that MCI is the provider...I have no clue what to do next to get a cheaper and most of all unlimited acct.
I read about the local123 and saveonprisoncalls but I am stuck...do I sign up for an acct with one of them - then get a pre paid acct with MCI? My brain hurts!

Also can these accts be cancelled at anytime? We are almost 100% positive that he won't be in for more than 30 days. I am the only person he was able to call and i would hate for him to not be able to call anymore...this is killing me!

Thx for any help

Tina_SOPC
05-30-2008, 11:33 AM
If you sign up with SaveOnPrisonCalls.com, the first 30 days is free. After that, it's $14.95 per month for unlimited calls. If you cancel before one year, and after the 30-day free trial, there is a $14.95 cancellation fee.

Considering your calls from Florida to CT are very high, you will still be ahead even with the $14.95 cancellation fee.

Once you get a number in Clearwater, which is where Pinellas County Jail is located, you will then set up a prepaid account on the Clearwater number, which you will then set to always call forward to your home or cell phone or both.