View Full Version : Ever forgot to put a stamp?!

Fe*Fe
05-28-2008, 06:17 PM
I feel soooo silly right now!!! :haha: My mom was just asking me for an envelope and I thought... OHH SHOOT!!! I forgot to put a stamp on the letter I just sent my boyfriend!!! :slap: I know he's gonna get a kick out of this when I tell him though!! Guess I need to start back using stamped envelopes!!!;)

I was just wondering have any of you ever been THIS absent minded?!

spbabie112
05-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Lol that's funny! I haven't done that but before I leave for school in the morning I grab my letter to mail to him and his letter so that I can take it to my friends and show it to them...it makes me feel good that I can show them how sweet he is lol well, the other day I almost mailed his letter to him instead of mine lol I keep them next to each other in my purse lol I felt stupid.

Mikesgrl138
05-28-2008, 08:02 PM
I havent forgotten a stamp but I did forget to put his DOC number on one letter so I got it back and he probally got a letter from them telling him that they had to send back a letter, I never resent it either because I didnt want to waste another stamp lol so it is in the box of letters from him and if he wants he can read it when he gets out.

Fe*Fe
05-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Lol that's funny! I haven't done that but before I leave for school in the morning I grab my letter to mail to him and his letter so that I can take it to my friends and show it to them...it makes me feel good that I can show them how sweet he is lol well, the other day I almost mailed his letter to him instead of mine lol I keep them next to each other in my purse lol I felt stupid.

lol aw thats funny!!!

FreelyCuffed
05-28-2008, 08:16 PM
i was so out of it yesterday that i put my guys name on the envelope and addressed it to myself! i already had a stamp on it so i was really happy i had to stand in line for a money order becuase it made me look at the envelope and read it. I first saw that i put my POBox and then i noticed DANG i addressed the whole thing to me. I laughed cuz i had to scribble it out. I had no other envelope and the post office was picking up. So yes i have forgot postage and even his address. I have yet to send an empty envelope but i am sure i will one day.. hahaha

robs_angel
05-28-2008, 11:01 PM
I have a couple of times opps, and then again sometimes i dont put enough makes me have one of those days...

mommaof5
05-29-2008, 02:26 AM
Dont sweat it girl.. forgetting stamps is the least of my worries.. if my head wasnt attached I would forget that.... and when I take all my kids somewhere I find myself doing head counts several times just to make sure I havent forgotten anyone... and yes those things do happen.. LOL... ok I wasnt that far when I realized I left one behind I was only pulling out of the drive!!

smalls06
05-29-2008, 02:51 AM
I feel soooo silly right now!!! :haha: My mom was just asking me for an envelope and I thought... OHH SHOOT!!! I forgot to put a stamp on the letter I just sent my boyfriend!!! :slap: I know he's gonna get a kick out of this when I tell him though!! Guess I need to start back using stamped envelopes!!!;)

I was just wondering have any of you ever been THIS absent minded?!

OMG.. i was just about to start a new thread to ask you girls the same thing!! i sent Pedro a letter on May 14th & i realized i forgot to put the stamp on the envelope.. i found the stamp in my purse a few hours after i sent it.. i dont know what in the world i was thinking. i guess i was just in a hurry to get the letter sent to him.. i don't think he received it.. cuz i havent heard from him. maybe the letter will eventually get sent back to me.. DAMN i feel dumb:p

angel12569
05-29-2008, 06:00 AM
Lol, no I never forgot the stamp, but I did forget to put the letter in once. My husband wrote me to let me know, and laughed when he said he loved the letter, even though he didn't get it. I found the letter about a week later on my desk.

Jasonsgirl4Ever
05-29-2008, 07:47 AM
Last night I got a letter sent back to me and it took me 30 minutes to figure out WHY!! I read the letter I had in it over and trying to figure out what was wrong...:confused:
My son finally noticed that I didn't put a stamp on it!! :p

barbie16118
05-29-2008, 08:07 AM
never forgot the stamp but i did mail it to myself with his return addy in the top corner. i also sent him a letter once and addressed to him and forgot to put his whole addy on it.

his#1 bball fan
05-29-2008, 03:53 PM
This year for my husband's birthday I went to the post office to drop off his card. I even went inside to make sure it would be sent out right away. As soon as the card slipped through my hands I realized I had forgot to put a stamp on it :banghead:! So I went inside and stood in line to ask the lady to pretty please see if she could get it for me so I could put it on. She made a face and went to look for it....came back and asked me if I was sure I had not put a stamp because everything there had one...I told her...I am SURE! She reluctantly went back a second time to look and came back empty handed. UUGGGHH! After all the hard work I had put into that card. So I went home and straight to Rite Aid to buy him another one and sent that off right away. And guess what? The first card was in my mailbox the next day marked "Returned for postage". Stupid lady!! I knew I wasn't completely losing my marbles :blah::D

light at end
05-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Yep been there done that. Don't know how I can forget the stamp but I've done it too.

Fe*Fe
05-31-2008, 12:17 AM
yaaaay I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has had those crazy moments!!!!!!

Suthrndreamgirl
05-31-2008, 12:42 AM
Oh no...never, ever forget the stamp! ONLY because I have this "odd little ritual" I do. I put the stamp on upside down (of course)..& then give it a little kiss! *smiles. I have never sent a letter out without doing that. He said he loves knowing not only was it sent with love...but that my lips were on it. Corny, I know. But hey...I don't have to worry about forgeting the stamp!

MrsDego
05-31-2008, 03:55 AM
Lol, we put so much detail into getting everything to look perfet and saying what we need to say and collating the pictures that we forget the basics!

Fe*Fe
06-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Lol, we put so much detail into getting everything to look perfet and saying what we need to say and collating the pictures that we forget the basics!

haha exactly!!!!!

smalls06
06-03-2008, 03:44 AM
how long do you girls think it'll take for the letter to be sent back to me? i sent it out May 14.. & todays date is already June 3rd.. it's been well over 2 weeks. He's in Mississippi & I'm in ILLINOIS.. usually if i do things right.. it takes 3 days for him to receive a letter from me.. or him to me.

Fe*Fe
06-03-2008, 09:36 PM
how long do you girls think it'll take for the letter to be sent back to me? i sent it out May 14.. & todays date is already June 3rd.. it's been well over 2 weeks. He's in Mississippi & I'm in ILLINOIS.. usually if i do things right.. it takes 3 days for him to receive a letter from me.. or him to me.

Girl there's no telling because the letter I sent w/ no stamp still hasn't came back to me and we're in the same city!!!!!

D4C
06-11-2008, 11:05 PM
Ok, so I had a letter sent back to me cuz I forgot to put all of my man's CDC# on it...I only put half of it... oops

fashi0nablynumb
06-16-2008, 12:11 PM
my best buddy forgot to put a stamp on a letter to me, so he wrote me another letter to let me know that his long letter is gonna be late getting to me, cuz its gonna get returned to him haha