View Full Version : Anyone else does this??

Paradise0608
05-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Well, since I calculated that I spent just about $400 on calls from my boo last month, I had to figure another way to communicate but not spend money...

Soooo he now calls me 3-4 times a day, and instead of actually accepting the call, I just answer with an "I love you", and instead of hearing his name, he will say "I love you too"...then he hangs up (I cant spend anymore on calls!!!)
Then he will call again and say "hows your day" or "Kiss my boy for me!". And of course I answer the phone and let my son say "HI DADDY" all the time...He will call back saying "that made my day". :) Even though we are not having a full conversation, its the small talk that we really do cherish, and it honestly saves me money. In a way I think it is better than conversation, him and me get more excited just hearing each others voices! He knows that I have to save $$, especially since Im expecting our second child!

So does anyone else do this type of communication? I am just wondering because I know that I cant be the only one doing this!!!!

T.Lesesene
05-30-2008, 08:13 PM
nope, i dont do that kind of communication .. i love talking to my baby no matter how much the phone cost adds up :) but you have a different kind of method and im glad you like it :)

RaysHeart
05-30-2008, 08:45 PM
No, he pays for the calls with the money he makes from work on the inside..i'm very lucky.

C_BLUE
05-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Hey sounds like an idea... theres been times when Ive been broke and unable to send him money (unfortunately he dont have a job in there yet) and have been days without hearing from him.... at least your be able to get a short message across :)

lawoman
05-30-2008, 10:09 PM
My boyfriend and I do this but only when I'm busy and can't take his call just at that moment ( getting ready for work, at work still, running errands, etc) and I'll pick up without accepting the call and just say something like "give me five"(minutes) or "haven't left work yet" or "call back at such and such time" just so we're not wasting a call...it works for us because before when I use to accept his calls just to tell him to call me back in a little while we would get charged for an entire 15 minute call even though it only took a minute or two! Sometimes he does this even though he knows I'm at work and just says "i love you":)

travis babygirl
05-30-2008, 10:40 PM
that's a good idea! but my baby's voice is done by a computer!

FreelyCuffed
05-30-2008, 11:08 PM
nope i do the same!

NtShadow
06-07-2008, 05:48 AM
Ours is also done by a computer, and he cannot hear a thing on his end until the call has been accepted.

krisdan
06-07-2008, 05:57 AM
When my bf was in county we would do that. He couldn't here me but he would say things like I love you, I miss you, or even remind me of something I had to do. I miss those calls. Now when he calls its a pre recorded meassage with just his name.

MsAkbar
06-07-2008, 06:06 AM
I can do it on my end but on his end the program says his name. But I have a friend who does the same as you, and a few words are worth a million dollars with out costing it. Also I am sure that helps to get you through the day and costs nothing!

jpkjpk2000
06-07-2008, 04:18 PM
I have a feeling that if someone wanted to get nasty about this, they might claim that this was fraud.

Just my non legal opinion

LostTime
06-07-2008, 04:33 PM
A lot of us in Michigan use to do this but now Michigan is a recorded name and now they can't hear anything and neither can you till the phone call is accepted
I hate the MDOC LOL

scottsgrl
06-07-2008, 09:01 PM
When my husband was in a different facility the calls used to be 18.95 a call!!!!! So we would play phone tag like that. This way he could call me many times throughout the day to say I love you, how's your day, things like that. We would only actually talk for the 30 minutes once a week. It saved us so much money, and was easy to do.

Paradise0608
06-10-2008, 10:06 AM
I have a feeling that if someone wanted to get nasty about this, they might claim that this was fraud.

Just my non legal opinion

IN THAT CASE A WHOLE LOT A PEOPLE MUST BE DOING "FRAUD" and FEELING GOOD ABOUT IT!!! :thumbsup:

Anyways...
....it seems as though ALOT of people have done the same thing I have done! After all, some of us just cant break bread to pay for them calls but other people are fortunate to have thier dudes pay for calls.. (dam get my man a job in there!!!) but some of us just MAKE DO wit what WE CAN!!

But even MORE people I have spoke with IN PERSON do the SAME thing...a few words sure can mean sooo much...real talk!!! But my boo was transfered so now no more calls...just letters......

Susan247
06-10-2008, 10:13 AM
yes i have done it ........ it works is all that matters :)Well, since I calculated that I spent just about $400 on calls from my boo last month, I had to figure another way to communicate but not spend money...

Soooo he now calls me 3-4 times a day, and instead of actually accepting the call, I just answer with an "I love you", and instead of hearing his name, he will say "I love you too"...then he hangs up (I cant spend anymore on calls!!!)
Then he will call again and say "hows your day" or "Kiss my boy for me!". And of course I answer the phone and let my son say "HI DADDY" all the time...He will call back saying "that made my day". :) Even though we are not having a full conversation, its the small talk that we really do cherish, and it honestly saves me money. In a way I think it is better than conversation, him and me get more excited just hearing each others voices! He knows that I have to save $$, especially since Im expecting our second child!

So does anyone else do this type of communication? I am just wondering because I know that I cant be the only one doing this!!!!

angel12569
06-10-2008, 10:42 AM
no I don't accept calls, and when i did in the beginning it was a recording. Right now we make due with letters and visits. Money is just so tight, that there really is no choice, its either take care of our kids or accept calls, and we both agree the kids come first and surviving out here takes preference to the calls. Its tough but you have to do what you can.

jaelsangel
06-10-2008, 11:51 AM
that's a good idea! but my baby's voice is done by a computer!

Yea mine too, this annoying lady comes on and says his name, but instead pf saying hello, i may just say i love you and he will hang up, we had a argument over something silly last week, but we dont like to bed mad at each other , we were low on money..so he called back i was like im not mad..then he called again i was like i love you then i was like good nite, it was cool,if i could hear him thougg i am sure we would be doin it all the time:thumbsup:

Paradise0608
06-10-2008, 02:48 PM
no I don't accept calls, and when i did in the beginning it was a recording. Right now we make due with letters and visits. Money is just so tight, that there really is no choice, its either take care of our kids or accept calls, and we both agree the kids come first and surviving out here takes preference to the calls. Its tough but you have to do what you can.

Yesiree! Our babies will absolutely have to come first! My boo knows that and he understands. He also knows that visits will be tight as well because GAS PRICES are RIDICULOUS...so going to visit EVERY weekend may not be an option!!

Shush
06-11-2008, 01:00 AM
a good idea..... took me some time to find out he CAN hear my voice when I answer the phone even there is the computer. ... but as we need the short moment of talking, thats what we do.
if he does not reach me, the answering machine is registering the computer message and i cannot hear his...
still, itis a good idea!

sscared
06-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Its A Great Idea...good Luck With Your Pregnancy:) I Havent Actually Spoken To My Husband Because He Was Being Moved Also But If I Ever Have A High Bill Problem I Will Use This Method Lol Thank You:)

myliss
06-14-2008, 08:12 PM
bay and i would do this all the time when he was in county. i liked doing it because it saved money, and i cherished those few words we spoke to eachother. it was better than nothing i suppose! but now i feel like i need the conversation! and when i finally get this dang phone set up, im going to make sure i watch how many times he calls, because when he used to call me from county when i was able to get calls, he would call nine times a day! and how could i ever not accept one of his phone calls?! so ill have to let him know how its going to be!!

babigurl1884
06-15-2008, 12:01 AM
the few friends i have who call, it says their name its prerecorded so they wouldn't be able to hear me say anything. oh well though.

bkltaylor
06-15-2008, 12:20 AM
Yep! I Did The Exct Same Thing When My Man Was In County. It Drove My Mom Crazy Hearing The Phone Ring Over & Over Again! Speaking Of That, We May Just Start Doing It Now! Because All I Have Is A Cell Phone So I Have To Go Through Agm Telecom, A Prepaid Company, And It Is Costing Me Out The A** For As Much As We Like To Talk! Lol

lovethumps
06-15-2008, 12:49 AM
my man and i do that all the time. it's a good deal!!!!:thumbsup:

lovethumps
06-15-2008, 12:52 AM
their names are pre recorded but they can still hear you for a brief second

JasLovesRico
06-23-2008, 04:16 PM
that is a gr8 Idea Mrs.RICO---I love my RICO and spend WAY too much money on pcalls about the same as you. The only thing is that I can hear him but he cant hear me. RICOs hum>>>>>>>>>>gotta love em.

jasonzwifey2011
06-24-2008, 09:49 AM

That's my baby's way of letting me know he's thinking of me. He calls, I answer, GTL comes on and says you have a pre-paid collect call from "I just called to say I love you baby" and then he hangs up. It's just nice to know he's thinking of us....

Ms.PoP
06-24-2008, 09:53 AM
I can do it on my end but on his end the program says his name.

thats how it is for us.... I wish he could talk on his end... But when there's no money I do all the talking and or tell him what i need to say...

MontanaGal43
06-25-2008, 09:31 AM
Every single day my hon would call me knowing I was at work and leave little messages. Also at night he would call a couple of times so we could say I love you and sweet dreams. :D

K2's Lady
06-25-2008, 10:30 AM
I LOVE that idea...
But here in the facility where Sugar is at his name is also pre-recorded. It's cute though cause everytime they say you have a collect call from...I hear "It's Big Kirk (his last name)" so I guess when he first recorded his name, that's what he said.
*** Mrs.Rico keep on keepin' on, that is a great idea ;) enjoy your "calls"