View Full Version : Off probation, but still not yet approved- What's the hold up?

NoAirMan
05-28-2008, 11:19 AM
I just got off of five years probation, November,'07. (unsupervised, the past three) I now wonder, if that is what is delaying my visitation approval at the prison my daughter is at. ... hmmm. ...

Oh, by the way, I'm in Oklahoma, but there is really not alot of talk about these kinds of things in the Oklahoma forums, so I just sort of cruise the site, hoping to find some semblance of guidance.

Thanks

jasonzwifey2011
05-28-2008, 12:04 PM
so are you saying if you are on probation you might not be approved to visit??? OMG are you SERIOUS???

NoAirMan
05-28-2008, 12:18 PM
I don't know, I read somewhere that if your on P or P or were on P&P, you have to have a certificate from your PO. I am unsure how reliable that info is, so I guess we wait and see if we can get some questions answered. :shrug:

whiz-bang
05-28-2008, 12:21 PM
I just got off of five years probation, November,'07. (unsupervised, the past three) I now wonder, if that is what is delaying my visitation approval at the prison my daughter is at. ... hmmm. ...

Oh, by the way, I'm in Oklahoma, but there is really not alot of talk about these kinds of things in the Oklahoma forums, so I just sort of cruise the site, hoping to find some semblance of guidance.

Thanks

I don't know about guidance, but I can tell you that if there is anything unusual about your application to visit your daughter, that would probably slow the approval process. There are lots of prison employees who can say no; only a few can really approve anything. Could help explain why some of them are such jerks.

If there's any slack to be cut, they tend to cut it in favor of a blood relative, but it's not easy getting into prison without a mittimus with your name on it.

Damned shame about Oklahoma. You have my condolences. That's not where I'd want to be locked up.

Good luck.

FD

robs_angel
05-28-2008, 12:26 PM
I would call and ask the visitation clerk, it might be something lil, if you call to find out they might be able to let you know what you need to do to be able to see her.

keep us posted...(hugs)

jasonzwifey2011
05-28-2008, 12:43 PM
I hope you get to visit NoAIrMan... :) I asked the other question because I'm on Probation for 2 years for a traffic violation and that would suck if I can't visit my baby for 2 years when he gets out in 3. LOL Aww man.. I gotta get a slip from my PO anywa because he's out of state....