View Full Version : Transfer Coordinator...any advice??

HisFarAwayChic
05-27-2008, 09:28 PM
A shot in the dark probably but i am going for it.Anyone have knowledge of a transfer coordinator who oversees all of the NC DOC? From what i have been reading on here and other places on the Net,it seems that each prison has its own TC but my bf told me tonight that he thought each region (Western,Eastern,etc) has a TC and that a "main" one was located in Raleigh:confused:
I am very ummm "green" as he put it ever so gently tonight on the phone,yeah this is my first and hopefully last time dealing with all this stuff.Sooooo i am very clueless when it comes to trying to help him with these things...so i turn to you all.In the past you have provided me alot of help so that is why when he said we need to get ahold of this "main" TC i said..."babe,let me go see what they say at PTO":D
As if being "green" isnt bad enough...i am merely a gf so i know i will probably be able to help him very little...shoot,i hear about you wives who cant hardly get things going and done for your men and ya'll are married.And,not being a North Carolinian,well,i llloovveeee ya'lls accents but with the CO's i have spoken to either at visits or on the phone,i often have a hard time following the language....i usually end up saying alot of "huh's and...say again???"
My bf was recently transfered to CCC,at the end of June it will be 90 days(i know he has to be at that camp for at least 90 days) and i believe he has been write up free for 90 days.He wants to be transferred to a facility closer to his grandmother who is unable to travel to see him,and she is really his only support system.He is looking at Marion CC which is a bit closer to her,the minimum part of the facility.Any advice or help will as always be greatly appreciated.TIA

05-27-2008, 09:43 PM
The DOC standard answer to Inmate/Families/ and Friends as for transfers closer to home -
The Division of Prisons recognizes that most families would like their relative in prison to be housed close to home, to make visitation easier for the family. Generally, the division attempts to facilitate this, but due to limited bed space, custody level, the inmate's program needs and other factors, transfer to the prison nearest home may not always be possible. If an inmate wants to transfer to another prison, he or she must submit a written request to his or her case manager. However, this does not guarantee that the transfer will be granted.

You can start with Family Services Director - Mary Ward, (919) 838-3629 or wmn01@doc.state.nc.us
She should be able to steer you in the right direction and even give you the information you need.

Also CCC could stand for: Cabarrus CC, Caldwell CC, Carteret CC, Caswell CC, Catawba CC, Charlotte CC, Cleveland CC, Columbus CC, or Craggy CC!

HisFarAwayChic
05-28-2008, 08:50 AM
ooopppssss!! My apologies :))) CCC='s Cleveland CC. See what i mean "green" completely!! Thanks for your reply too :))

mel2020
06-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Have you all submitted the appropriate paperwork first? If you don't have a note from grandma's doctor advising she is unable to travel that far, going that high up won't do a bit of good.

smoser
10-29-2008, 11:06 AM
The NC Transfer coordinator is Joanie Penny and her number is 919-838-3737