View Full Version : Help Me I HATE Global Tel Link

MontiisAngel
05-27-2008, 06:46 PM
Hello everyone my name is Star. My man just got sentenced to TWO life sentences plus five in years in FLA(he is currently in st lucie county jail) I live in georgia so I went and bought a prepaid cell phone wit a FLA area code because our long distance calls through GTL were 25 dollars EACH!!!So now I bought this new phone Saturday morning and he called me on it Saturday night and WHAM the phone disconnected he tried to call back and it wont let him go thru. So hes tryin and tryin to call me and it wont let him thru I mean the call is not even ringin on my end so I call my phone company make sure my activation is good and everything and then I call GTL and they say its because hes tried calling to many times!!So they tell me to tell him to wait an house and call right back so the system can refresh he does this and still wont let it go thru!Im on hold wit Global tel link now and have been on hold for an hour and a half has anyone else been thru this or have any advice

orchidia_168
05-27-2008, 07:01 PM
i have encountered the same problem when i had to open an account with gtl after mci was no longer (officially )the carrier . a friend of mine called me ,he called twice in a row,so 1 hour total. the day after he tried to call me again and could not go thru because i had a block.gtl told me the same that you was told,my account was new(eventho i had had mci before),that i had a 50 dollars limit for such period of time and that i had a block because an inmate called me from cali twice in a row .it is frustrating but what choice do we have? :mad: as no gtl=no calls :blah:

jasonzwifey2011
05-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Awww I'm sorry to hear that. I really am starting to not like these GTL people. They mess EVERYTHING up.... Like dang what do we need to do to be able to talk to our loved ones u know? Don't punish US because they made some mistakes.... Well I hope you get to talk to him and it works out. Maybe he can call tonight...

frontlinelady
05-30-2008, 11:25 PM
Yep, always some problem with something! They cut me off Wednesday night! The message before they cut us off said they detected a three way call. He called me on the cell phone he left behind and I was standing in the church parking lot with our pastor. I handed the phone to our pastor so he could say hello to my sweetheart. THAT IS NOT A THREE WAY CALL!
Word of advice...Don't pass your phone around if you don't want to get cut off! I couldn't believe it! That call cost me $7.00, then he called back so that was another $8.00. Gesh, then because it took all of my money from the phone account we put 25.00 back on the account and it charged me 5.00 of the 25.00 to replenish time!! What is that??? So, I get 2 phone calls for 20.00??
$10 per call usually x 16 calls a month (every other night for 14 and 1/2 minutes) is 160.00 then add in all the $5 charges for allowing you to put time on the phone and you are up to $200.00 a month for 232 minutes a month of talking..which averages to be.....approximately .90 per minute. Wow...I should invest in this company! Thier stocks should be over the top! I may as well since I am paying them over 200.00 a month! Atleast this way I may get a little of that back!
It is ashamed that they are doing this! I don't see how they can legally.

MattelMade
05-31-2008, 06:54 AM
Firstly know this, did you set up a prepaid account with GTL? If you did, this could be the reason why he can't call your phone. You can do prepaid accounts (where he calls you collect and you put money on your phone) with a home phone line, if you have a cell phone or prepaid phone then it wont work. I only have a cell phone, so my bf and I had to put money on his account so he could call me prepaid. You may have to do it this way if you have a prepaid phone.

TiffanyFL
06-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Yep, always some problem with something! They cut me off Wednesday night! The message before they cut us off said they detected a three way call. He called me on the cell phone he left behind and I was standing in the church parking lot with our pastor. I handed the phone to our pastor so he could say hello to my sweetheart. THAT IS NOT A THREE WAY CALL!
Word of advice...Don't pass your phone around if you don't want to get cut off! I couldn't believe it! That call cost me $7.00, then he called back so that was another $8.00. Gesh, then because it took all of my money from the phone account we put 25.00 back on the account and it charged me 5.00 of the 25.00 to replenish time!! What is that??? So, I get 2 phone calls for 20.00??
$10 per call usually x 16 calls a month (every other night for 14 and 1/2 minutes) is 160.00 then add in all the $5 charges for allowing you to put time on the phone and you are up to $200.00 a month for 232 minutes a month of talking..which averages to be.....approximately .90 per minute. Wow...I should invest in this company! Thier stocks should be over the top! I may as well since I am paying them over 200.00 a month! Atleast this way I may get a little of that back!
It is ashamed that they are doing this! I don't see how they can legally.

GTL charges a 19% service fee for all credit/debit card transactions, if you want to avoid that charge pay by Western Union/ Cashier's check or Money order. Its not illegal for them to charge a service fee, most companies do that. Its just an inconvenience!!