View Full Version : Help, Kewl Calendar?????

nojusticehere
05-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Okay, I have been searching and searching for this one thread about this gal that sends her man a really KEWL calendar that is personalized with important dates with clip art, etc.... she even said in her post that it made all the other inmates stop and always take a peek at the calendar each month!. I am dying to get an idea of what she is talking about here. I cant find that post anywhere... Can someone please let me know if they know what I am referring too? I would love for this person to send me a small copy or picture of what she makes, so I can make something similiar!!! It sounded way nice!!! Please help me find her or the post again......;)
Thanks for your help,
Cheers.... Kelly :)

patswife4-ever
05-26-2008, 07:42 PM
That sounds neat. I wouldn't mind one either. Maybe she just makes a copy of a calendar. You could also do that. Buy stickers with stuff on them, put them on the calendar in certain days, then make a copy of the calendar. Speaking of which, I have not sent out my hubbys June calendar yet!! :o

nojusticehere
05-26-2008, 08:46 PM
No whatever this one was, was a really kewl one... Or at least it sounded that way. She said all the inmates look forward to her hubby's calendar every month as they all stop and take a peek at it at his locker... It sounded way kewl!. She said she did a punch of clip art, and of course listed important BD's, or holidays, etc.... I wish I could find the darn thread... I really wanted her to send me a copy of a page, so I could get some sort of an idea!!! I am creative, but I find myself kindof in a rutt right now.... :confused: I love listening to everyone's ideas about mail and spicing it up!.... What I recentally did was decided every month that I am going to do a newsletter for my bro. I e-mail all of our friends and family, and they will in turn send me a small paragraph, photo, quote, or whatever!. Basically just a message to my brother. Then I am going to make it on a long nice piece of paper and maybe add a collage to it around the border, or do something creative with it every month. I am even going to name the montly newsletter eventually, once I can come up with a good one for him... I thought it was a great idea for those that cant always take the time out of there busy schedule to sit down and write or type a letter and then get it off in the mail. This way, they just e-mail me there messages or whatever for the month, and he gets stuff from everyone that he might not necessarily hear from that often??? Make sense? I think he will enjoy it!.
Have a great rest of your weekend.
Cheers, Kel :)

SpunkyMonkey
05-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Okay, I have been searching and searching for this one thread about this gal that sends her man a really KEWL calendar that is personalized with important dates with clip art, etc.... she even said in her post that it made all the other inmates stop and always take a peek at the calendar each month!. I am dying to get an idea of what she is talking about here. I cant find that post anywhere... Can someone please let me know if they know what I am referring too? I would love for this person to send me a small copy or picture of what she makes, so I can make something similiar!!! It sounded way nice!!! Please help me find her or the post again......;)
Thanks for your help,

Kelly,
I did one last year for my husband's birthday. I just searched online for a month per page calendar and printed it off. Then I took stickers and colored pens and 'decorated' each day. I would write things I love about him and things I knew that would make him laugh. I did 'recycle' some because...I mean...I'm crazy about him but 365 things is hard to come up with...LOL. He loved it!! You can get cheap stickers at DollarTree and such and I would keep a look-out on clearance aisles. Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Rena
05-26-2008, 10:02 PM
I just answered a post called how much mail do you send them (or something like that). Page 2 might be what you are talking about. What you are doing sounds cool.

LostTime
05-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Well I bought a cheap scrapbook program and one of the things I like on it is that you can make personalized calendars and even add your pic as the background photo or any other photo or you can put little photos of people into the boxes for when it's their birthdays and things like that it's just called like scrapbooking made simple found it on ebay for 2.00 and was worth it to me and you can even make your pics into magazine covers it's cute and cool and something different when I want to send something special since in Michigan you can't put stickers and things like that on anything you send in

jasonzwifey2011
05-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks for your help,
If no one has answered this, it's in the mail and packages subforum... right above

OOps - i told u the wrong place... sorry... the other poster had it right about the "how much mail do you send them" thread....

daisy may
05-27-2008, 01:54 PM
I make my man his own. I get a calendar od the months and then I add clip art...for all the birthdays i put the pictures of the kids' birthdays, for our anniversary i put something related to anniversary. They are really fun to make and he loves them.

Caresgirl
05-27-2008, 04:22 PM
I stopped sending him a Calendar it makes his time go by slower having to look at the dang time all day....

MiNNie<3
06-02-2008, 10:23 PM
heyyy my boo 'hinted' to me tonight that he wants me to make and send him a calander, but i dont understand, like is it allowed?? a regular calendar?? or does it have to be that i can only send the month?? i dont know...does anyone have a clue on how it might work for FL??? Please help, i would love to send him one but i dont know how it works...:confused:

lawoman
06-02-2008, 10:56 PM
nojustice-I found the thread you're talking about. jasonswifey was correct-it's in the prison mail forum-the thread is titled "how much mail do you send him" on the second page in this thread is the post by honeyg....
You can copy blank calendar pages from microsoft office online and then just decorate them using powerpoint if you have that on your computer-it's a neat idea however, a while back I wanted to send my man calendar pages and he said for me not to because he did not want to look at how much time he had left! I even said that I would only send him one month at a time and he still said no! But it is a cool (kewl) idea!:)

olivas505
06-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Wow that calendar sounds really neat. I make my husband cards and send them, but as for a calendar I made him one of those ones with pictures on it. I know wal-mart and kinkos do them. I made his at wal-mart.com You put a pic on every month's page and you can also write personal messages/holidays/ and captions for the pictures for no aditional charge( The calendar was only like 12.99) So I put everyones birthdays, for fathers day I put "Happy Father's day Daddy" and Birthdays and our anniv. I did the same. He loved it! and so do all of the other inmates. They all called thier families and asked them to make them one and send it too :)

michellecasey
06-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Yeah i do the same thing but stickers are no longer allowed so i just make a photocopy of it and then we each have the same one.