View Full Version : Information overload-can anyone help??

pinkgemini
05-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Ok, firstly I'm in the UK wasnting to set a phone thingy to enable me to chat again with my bloke who is csatf Corcoran Ca, I had a pm suggesting I go with GTL but Ive spent alot of time reading your horror stories about them, and also was quite taken with the Magic Jack- but I'm on a wireless connection from a downstaired cable connection, ands what with the 8 hour time difference I really dont wanna be leaving my lap-top switched on for hours on end- Ive also heard things about cbs and many other companies who offer you a virtual number-will I have to buy a new phone???ITS ALL VERY VERY CONFUSING, any help or step by step explanations about these different phone companies will be greatly received, but take it easy with me yeah, imagine your explaing to a six year old.
If it helps my landline provider is Virgin

LOWRYDERHYNA
05-26-2008, 04:30 PM
cbs is the correctional billing services, and they provide prepaid account so u can put down at least 50 dollars and up and they can call you. its very cheap but the time goes by so quick and if u like me u will always put money down in this account. so i had to put a halt to it.

pinkgemini
05-27-2008, 09:45 AM
just been to the vonage website (UK) and whilst they were kinda helpful, I dont see the point of setting up a pre-pay with GTL which would come to my home phone anyway and be loads cheaper than the collect calls.
So why tell me do i need a virtual number???