View Full Version : visitation for spouses with felony

snkwife
05-26-2008, 03:27 PM
I would like to know if the prison approves visitations to spouses with felonies. I want to take my 3 children to see my husband and I have one felony sect 8 fraud. I dont have any other background issues my husband is in tehachapi on the reception yard, he has been their since march .

cece23
05-29-2008, 03:27 PM
HI Well I have a felony for fraud as well is not for section 8 though but my case was dismiss and I got approve. Try calling the facility.

MCForever
05-30-2008, 03:02 PM
I am in AZ and I have 4 felonies on my record and currently on probation ... I've been approved twice now to visit my husband. The first time we were not married yet and I was approved and this go around we tied the knot and I still didn't have any problems. I would go ahead and send in the paperwork ... all they can say is no and then you can appeal it to the warden and see if he will approve you. It's not as black and white as they say it is. My girlfriend was denied due to domestic violence history, but once she appealed it to the warden, she was approved. So try and see what happens ... visits are hard but they are so good for your heart and his sanity.

snkwife
05-30-2008, 05:47 PM
thanks to the both of you i needed to hear something good

jasonzwifey2011
06-02-2008, 12:21 PM
I am in AZ and I have 4 felonies on my record and currently on probation ... I've been approved twice now to visit my husband. The first time we were not married yet and I was approved and this go around we tied the knot and I still didn't have any problems. I would go ahead and send in the paperwork ... all they can say is no and then you can appeal it to the warden and see if he will approve you. It's not as black and white as they say it is. My girlfriend was denied due to domestic violence history, but once she appealed it to the warden, she was approved. So try and see what happens ... visits are hard but they are so good for your heart and his sanity.
Good advice..I have a conviction for a traffic offense and 2 yrs probation (unsupervised now) so hopefully I'll get approved but the worse they can say is no, right? God Bless you all!!

daisy may
06-02-2008, 12:24 PM
You asked this quesiton in another post and you got answered on it. Go to your user CP and see if it is in there, if you do not see it, click on your name and choose see all posts by this person. In order to subscribe to threads you need to go to USER CP and choose subscribe to threads so you can follow them.

HardHeadedWoman
06-02-2008, 12:47 PM
I may be mistaken but if you are denied and you appeal it to the warden should he be transferred you might have to go through the entire process again. Warden is only approving you to visit that facility. I could be wrong though so maybe someone else can clarify that for you.

thugwife
06-06-2008, 07:35 PM
UGH, section 8 fraud, here in KY they just make you pay the money back, I have never heard anybody get a charge on that. I have a felony but it is federal and I am unsure if I would be able to see him if they knew. Obviously they didnt run a fed check, but if you are married that shouldnt matter. I dont see how it would matter if you are married. I could understand a g/f or something, but thats legal. I do know my husbands friends cant get visits because their people are felons, but I dont think they tried to hard to get visits, I wouldnt stop until I got my visits.

If its a long distance I would check with the prison first before driving. Did he send you a form to fill out. I dont know how the reception goes there but here in KY you have to be in for 60-90 days before you can get a visit in the fishtank.

christyca
06-07-2008, 09:57 PM
OMG ! I was sooooo very worried(to tears)because I have a felony on my record(fraudulent schemes) from 2002 and I am currently on probation(I would of been off by now but I cant get 800 community service hours completed and work full time).

I hope they do approveme so I can take the kids to see him.

myangale
07-06-2008, 04:40 PM
hi i am new to this and not sure on how to post anything. So if someone can please help. My husband was just sent to sfrc in fl. He has been there for about6 days now I have nopt heard from him yet but he has been to prision twice already and told me it takes a while for everything to go thur. I would like to know about vists i am on feloney probation right now and wanted to know if they will deny my vist with him. I have a 9month old and one on the way both are his and we are married will they deny me for being on probation for grand theft.