View Full Version : Am I the Only one obsessed about the phone calls???!!

jaelsangel
05-26-2008, 11:56 AM
Ladies I am I the only one that basically "lives " for his phone call daily ..Thats like the highlight of my day, and what I look foward to at night. I went out of town last week and flipped because I forgot to foward my calls to my cell phone....I had to have the super let my dad in my house so he could foward them....my mother thought I was crazy...:eek:..I felt crazy..But I had to talk to him...Its not like I could call him and tell him what was going on with me while I was away:(..am I the only one who obsesses over the phone.....tell me I m not crazy..PLEAZZZZZ:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused ::confused:

KyliexAnne
05-26-2008, 11:57 AM
I guess i'm crazy too!

frontlinelady
05-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Before my sweetheart went in I never freaked out about leaving my cell phone behind...Now, I carry it like the scriptures in my heart! It goes everywhere I go and I am constantly checking it to make sure it is working!
Ladies I am I the only one that basically "lives " for his phone call daily ..Thats like the highlight of my day, and what I look foward to at night. I went out of town last week and flipped because I forgot to foward my calls to my cell phone....I had to have the super let my dad in my house so he could foward them....my mother thought I was crazy...:eek:..I felt crazy..But I had to talk to him...Its not like I could call him and tell him what was going on with me while I was away:(..am I the only one who obsesses over the phone.....tell me I m not crazy..PLEAZZZZZ:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused ::confused:

DanaMorrison
05-26-2008, 12:00 PM
I would obsess over phone call if I got them.:(

I do stalk the mail man everyday looking for my letters and if I don't get a letter I get really down.

You're not crazy at all!

jaceswoman
05-26-2008, 12:05 PM
heck no, you are not the only one. If I got phone calls I would be like that too. I see him friday, saturday and sunday (mind you through glass), but still monday through thursday are killer just waiting to get to friday and the weekend! i go crazy!

jaelsangel
05-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Before my sweetheart went in I never freaked out about leaving my cell phone behind...Now, I carry it like the scriptures in my heart! It goes everywhere I go and I am constantly checking it to make sure it is working!

Me too..LOL :D..I always have it with me no matter what I am doing meeting at work or whatever. I have it in my pocket on vibrate..or If I am in the mall I hold it in my hand so I dont miss that call...but If I dont answer he will call until I do so I usally dont miss a call..he is az crazy as me with the phone:p

jaelsangel
05-26-2008, 12:07 PM
heck no, you are not the only one. If I got phone calls I would be like that too. I see him friday, saturday and sunday (mind you through glass), but still monday through thursday are killer just waiting to get to friday and the weekend! i go crazy!

Yea..I live for the weekends too....:D I cant wait until sat n sunday when I get to see him....

forever_ever_baby
05-26-2008, 12:20 PM
you are not crazy i think i someway we all do something like that

Lonzo's Wifey
05-26-2008, 12:24 PM
How do you get your landline phone calls forwarded to your cell phone? Does that mean if he calls your house phone collect, it will go through to the cell? I am never at home and like everyone else, my cell can't accept collect calls. He doesn't even try to call me because I am not home and he knows it. I get out of work too late for him to call. I miss his calls so I am trying to figure out some way for his calls to get through on my cell phone. Thank you!

LovinMyPrisoner
05-26-2008, 12:27 PM
I have two cell phones. One with my "normal" number, and then one that is local to the prison so that we get cheaper phone calls through the dibit system them have. This way we are able to take at least once a day. Most times, I could care less about my other cell, but my "prison phone" must be with me at all times. I don't even like it to be in another room from me.
He is the same way though. He is always having to stop himself from calling me 10 times a day. He said sometimes, he'll go over to the phone, start to dial in my number, then hang up cause he doesn't want to bother me while I'm working, or wants to try to wait till the evening for our daily call. I think it's so adorable.
Our calls our definitely the highlight of both our days. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't have that 30 minute convo daily!
The craziest part is that I'm not a phone person. I just text everyone. He always laughs cause everyone else only gets texts, but he gets the real deal, and gets me on the phone.

Kat
05-26-2008, 12:34 PM
jael you could have called your phone company and they will do it....I know ATT will :)

jaelsangel
05-26-2008, 12:35 PM
How do you get your landline phone calls forwarded to your cell phone? Does that mean if he calls your house phone collect, it will go through to the cell? I am never at home and like everyone else, my cell can't accept collect calls. He doesn't even try to call me because I am not home and he knows it. I get out of work too late for him to call. I miss his calls so I am trying to figure out some way for his calls to get through on my cell phone. Thank you!

Call your phone company and see what features you have most comapnies offer call fowarding now...I hit *72 and send my home number to my cell phone and when he calls I just accpet the call, My cell does not take collect calls but if you foward it its like he is calling home, call and find out,I also have free incoming which helps too....Good luck let me know what happens:D

jaelsangel
05-26-2008, 12:37 PM
jael you could have called your phone company and they will do it....I know ATT will :)

I didnt know that thanks... But I was going nuts but it all worked out I talked to my baby while I was away:thumbsup:

jaelsangel
05-26-2008, 12:40 PM
I have two cell phones. One with my "normal" number, and then one that is local to the prison so that we get cheaper phone calls through the dibit system them have. This way we are able to take at least once a day. Most times, I could care less about my other cell, but my "prison phone" must be with me at all times. I don't even like it to be in another room from me.
He is the same way though. He is always having to stop himself from calling me 10 times a day. He said sometimes, he'll go over to the phone, start to dial in my number, then hang up cause he doesn't want to bother me while I'm working, or wants to try to wait till the evening for our daily call. I think it's so adorable.
Our calls our definitely the highlight of both our days. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't have that 30 minute convo daily!
The craziest part is that I'm not a phone person. I just text everyone. He always laughs cause everyone else only gets texts, but he gets the real deal, and gets me on the phone.

I feel u.....I mostly text to..when my man left texting wasn't to big he laughs about it alot. But We talk alot thank god the phone calss are pre-paid because I spend ALOT but I dont feel it as bad...:)

thatwiz
05-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Talking to him is the best part of the day-every day

LovinMyPrisoner
05-26-2008, 01:10 PM
I feel u.....I mostly text to..when my man left texting wasn't to big he laughs about it alot. But We talk alot thank god the phone calss are pre-paid because I spend ALOT but I dont feel it as bad...:)

Seriously. I don't know what I'd do if we had to have all our calls collect. It's much easier to do them prepaid so I know how much of my budget I'm spending on calls, rather then getting a surprise when I get my phone bill! :p

jaelsangel
05-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Seriously. I don't know what I'd do if we had to have all our calls collect. It's much easier to do them prepaid so I know how much of my budget I'm spending on calls, rather then getting a surprise when I get my phone bill! :p

TRUE..even though I go over budget most of the time:blush:

robs_angel
05-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Nope i do the same thing if im going to the store i forward my calls lol so i dont miss a min..:)

jenntrav
05-26-2008, 01:34 PM
I dont even like talking a shower because I am scared that I will miss his phone call. NOW THAT IS BAD!!!!! I think I need help:D.

snd
05-26-2008, 01:35 PM
I would obsess over phone call if I got them.:(

I do stalk the mail man everyday looking for my letters and if I don't get a letter I get really down.

You're not crazy at all!

I STALK THE MAIL TOO!!!

AND NO YOU'RE NOT CRAZY..I HAVEN'T RECIEVED A LETTER SINCE MONDAY AND I'M FALLING TO PIECES!! I CALLED THE FACILITY ON THURSDAY TO MAKE SURE HE WAS THERE!! HE CALLED ME THAT AFTERNOON AND I WAS AT WORK, HE CALLED TWICE YESTERDAY, I WAS AT THE GYM. I'M AFRAID TO LEAVE THE HOUSE TODAY...:(

Lonzo's Wifey
05-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Thank you! I know I have call forwarding but I didn't think I would be able to accept a collect call if it was forwarded to my cell phone. I always have my cell phone on me in hopes he may call but we both agreed he shouldn't try the house since I'm never home. I am going to have to figure this call forwarding out so maybe I will be able to talk to him :D Thank you again!

Call your phone company and see what features you have most comapnies offer call fowarding now...I hit *72 and send my home number to my cell phone and when he calls I just accpet the call, My cell does not take collect calls but if you foward it its like he is calling home, call and find out,I also have free incoming which helps too....Good luck let me know what happens:D

LovinMyPrisoner
05-26-2008, 01:51 PM
I dont even like talking a shower because I am scared that I will miss his phone call. NOW THAT IS BAD!!!!! I think I need help:D.

Haha... I feel ya girl. I only shower when I know he's in his cell for count time. When it's yard time out there, there ain't no way you're getting me away from my phone! LOL ;)

Kat
05-26-2008, 02:02 PM
jaels good I am glad you got to talk to him..just keep that in mind if this ever happens again:)which I bet it wont :)

missjones29
05-26-2008, 02:11 PM
i have a question i have a friend in a federal prison when he first started calling me the calls were being billed to my home phone bill but it was to expensive so i switched to pre paid but now i have no more pre paid mins and dont know when i will have money to put on my pre paid account. do anyone know if the prison billing company will allow me to switch back to having the calls billed back to my home phone bill.

LOWRYDERHYNA
05-26-2008, 04:46 PM
lol i have to throw my hand in da air cuz i would love to hear from him daily and i got spoiled so he would call in da morning and nite and during the day to see hwo i am doing and to tell me i love you .. how sweet so i am pretty much obsessed

jaelsangel
05-26-2008, 09:44 PM

I feel u..and if he calls wje I am in the shower I talk to him while I am in there,,,he loves it lol:D

jaelsangel
05-26-2008, 09:45 PM
I STALK THE MAIL TOO!!!

AND NO YOU'RE NOT CRAZY..I HAVEN'T RECIEVED A LETTER SINCE MONDAY AND I'M FALLING TO PIECES!! I CALLED THE FACILITY ON THURSDAY TO MAKE SURE HE WAS THERE!! HE CALLED ME THAT AFTERNOON AND I WAS AT WORK, HE CALLED TWICE YESTERDAY, I WAS AT THE GYM. I'M AFRAID TO LEAVE THE HOUSE TODAY...:(

Are you able to foward your calls

jaelsangel
05-26-2008, 09:48 PM
:idea:jaels good I am glad you got to talk to him..just keep that in mind if this ever happens again:)which I bet it wont :)

jaelsangel
05-26-2008, 09:49 PM
lol i have to throw my hand in da air cuz i would love to hear from him daily and i got spoiled so he would call in da morning and nite and during the day to see hwo i am doing and to tell me i love you .. how sweet so i am pretty much obsessed

Oh I feek u I am obesessed too

Waiting4Mike
05-27-2008, 01:42 AM
I am so worried about missing a call that I am losing sleep! I work overnights as a teen resident counselor and sleep during the day. But, with my honey in prison and my son in Navy boot camp, I never know when to expect a call and I'm worried if I go to sleep, I may miss one or both of them. :(

Jennifer

jasonzwifey2011
05-27-2008, 07:03 AM
I am definitely obsessed with phone calls. LOL Due to financial situation we can only talk like once a week so it's like I REALLY hate when I miss his calls... LOL Sat I worked w/ our wedding planner (a part time gig when I need some cash!) and he called 3x! He usually doesn't call on weekends so i wasn't expecting him to call and I was so sad to know I missed his calls. He DID call back Sun AM so it was ok. I just felt bad like he was thinking ok, where the heck is everybody ALL DAY/ LOL

Water_Lillies
05-27-2008, 07:46 AM
jaelsange (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/member.php?u=122321)l you are not alone in your phone call insanity! I too am captivated by that bi weekly phone call from my Honey. It is an obsession I am happy to partake in. When I first talked to my Honey, I don't even remember what we talked about. I only remember how good his voice sounded. UMMMM! Ummmm!

Amy98ta
05-27-2008, 08:47 AM
I am the same way. I usually carry my cell every where with me so I won't miss his calls and generally I don't miss them. BUT that feeling that I get when i realized I have missed a call is awful.

flforever322
05-27-2008, 09:00 AM
We are both obsessed with phone calls. I could never admit just how badly.:o He calls me almost exactly 2 minutes after he gets out every single time, every single day. If he doesnt, he's locked down. I am not always able to talk to him. (livin' life and all) but I always know he called. Its so bad that in between the 15 minute phone calls when he's calling me back...I miss him. We love to talk to each other and time is measured by how long until he calls.

sscared
05-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Hello everybody! I am quite new to PTO but so far it has been a true lifesaver to me...My husband was sentenced about 10 days ago and I still havenīt been able to talk to him...he is in FL and I am in Europe:( with our babies...he is still in a county jail waiting to be transferred to FDC Miami...now...we set up a Skype account with a local number which he used to use to call me on my cell but now I am being told that federal jails wont allow him to call me that way (we have been apart for 10 months now)...so I am thinking about getting Vonage (which is gonna cost me a whole lot of work...I need to put a phone jack in the house and get a different internet provider and where I am at right now its not such an easy thing actually BUT I AM SO WILLING TO DO IT IF IT MAY HELP US!!!!)But back to my question...they are telling me I will get a local number for Miami and that he will be able to call me local...now I guess not collect...what is the other way for him to actually call me? Can he set up an account in jail or do I have to do it for him? Do I need a GTL account? Can he buy a prepaid card in federal jail without us having to set up a GTL account? Since I am in Europe I am not sure if they will set up one for me...And also...how is it with mail? Do you have a good experience with getting letters? I hear they get LOST A LOT! Thank you so much guys! I really appreciate every answer and input so much!

jaelsangel
05-27-2008, 11:46 AM
I am the same way. I usually carry my cell every where with me so I won't miss his calls and generally I don't miss them. BUT that feeling that I get when i realized I have missed a call is awful.

ME TOO-- I ued to feel really bad,but now I dont feel as bad cus he will call me until I pick up..lol:thumbsup:

jaelsangel
05-27-2008, 11:48 AM
We are both obsessed with phone calls. I could never admit just how badly.:o He calls me almost exactly 2 minutes after he gets out every single time, every single day. If he doesnt, he's locked down. I am not always able to talk to him. (livin' life and all) but I always know he called. Its so bad that in between the 15 minute phone calls when he's calling me back...I miss him. We love to talk to each other and time is measured by how long until he calls.

AMEN>>>>>:D

jaelsangel
05-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Hello everybody! I am quite new to PTO but so far it has been a true lifesaver to me...My husband was sentenced about 10 days ago and I still havenīt been able to talk to him...he is in FL and I am in Europe:( with our babies...he is still in a county jail waiting to be transferred to FDC Miami...now...we set up a Skype account with a local number which he used to use to call me on my cell but now I am being told that federal jails wont allow him to call me that way (we have been apart for 10 months now)...so I am thinking about getting Vonage (which is gonna cost me a whole lot of work...I need to put a phone jack in the house and get a different internet provider and where I am at right now its not such an easy thing actually BUT I AM SO WILLING TO DO IT IF IT MAY HELP US!!!!)But back to my question...they are telling me I will get a local number for Miami and that he will be able to call me local...now I guess not collect...what is the other way for him to actually call me? Can he set up an account in jail or do I have to do it for him? Do I need a GTL account? Can he buy a prepaid card in federal jail without us having to set up a GTL account? Since I am in Europe I am not sure if they will set up one for me...And also...how is it with mail? Do you have a good experience with getting letters? I hear they get LOST A LOT! Thank you so much guys! I really appreciate every answer and input so much!

If he is going to the feds, then he will be paying for his calls directly from his account, iI beleive that is how the feds work. He gets a certain amonut of minutes per month for the phone I believe, You may want to post a therad up about this, Or call the facility to see.

NoAirMan
05-27-2008, 01:12 PM
My daughter calls home everyday for a fee of $3.60 for the 15 minute call. The wife enjoys the calls everyday, not saying that I don't, but I think the calls could be a little less frequent.
I mean, hell, we hardly ever heard from her when she was out! Well? A couple, maybe a few, times a week.
I would like to write to her more often but there is nothing to write about when you have been talking on the phone together, everyday of the week.
Just my two cents.

Frank. ...

Rena
05-27-2008, 01:56 PM
My daughter calls home everyday for a fee of $3.60 for the 15 minute call. The wife enjoys the calls everyday, not saying that I don't, but I think the calls could be a little less frequent.
I mean, hell, we hardly ever heard from her when she was out! Well? A couple, maybe a few, times a week.
I would like to write to her more often but there is nothing to write about when you have been talking on the phone together, everyday of the week.
Just my two cents.

Frank. ...

I agree. When he was in county he was calling everyday, several times a day. I wasn't writing him then because we could send postcards only, and really didn't have anything else to say. Now that he got moved to doc I told him he should only call once a week because the calls are alot more expensive.

Register
05-27-2008, 02:21 PM
If you're crazy, we all are. I don't talk to him every day so I live for his phone calls. I have gone back to college and bought myself a tape recorder for class. I was looking at it last night and realized you can record a conversation off the phone. I'm going to try that. I want to be able to listen to him tell me he loves me any time I want to hear it. I love the sound of his voice.

lilipettway
06-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Dont Worry Girl You Aint The Only One! I Was Living On That Phone For All These Months. He Got On Phone Restriction Now And Im Going Crazy As Hell, He Got To Sneak In Some Half Minute Whisper Sessions Last Week But I Havent Heard From Him Since, And I Missed The Last Time He Called Me. Yea Dont Feel Bad, Everyone Thought My Ass Was Crazy Too :d

NoAirMan
06-03-2008, 04:31 PM
I was going crazy when Prison Talk was down, the other day! ... :banghead::smash:

LovinMyPrisoner
06-03-2008, 06:50 PM
I was going crazy when Prison Talk was down, the other day! ... :banghead::smash:
LOL... Me too! I kept coming over to my computer every 30 minutes to see if it was working again! ;):p

jaelsangel
06-04-2008, 03:25 PM

OHHHHHH..Me too I thought it was just my computer..:D

NoAirMan
06-04-2008, 03:44 PM
And I thought I was the only one! ...