View Full Version : He was in the hole.. sigh

*Noir*
05-25-2008, 10:27 AM
If anyone has any knowledge on why they get sent there and any details about it please let me know.:(
My boyfriend wrote his mom and told her he was in the hole for I think a month or two, I don't think she really even knew.. He didn't tell me anything about it because I guess he figured she would tell me.. But apparantly he got into a fight and was sent there. can you send/receive mail in the hole? Because I didn't recieve any mail from him for two months while he was in there and he wasn't getting my letters, which I thought he would still be allowed to. What exactly goes with that and how long does it last? He's not too good at remembering to answer all my questions in my letters. Is it going to add to his time? I'm lost guys

thugwife
05-25-2008, 11:12 AM
He was sent to the hole for getting in trouble. They should be able to recieve letters, that is one of the only priviledges they get. I am not sure how TX works, but every place I know can get mail. I dont understand your post, it says "he didnt recieve my letters and I didnt get his". if he only got 2 months in seg is he still in there? He'll be in the hole until they let him out, whatever punishment it is. They used to have a certain time they could put people in seg, but now they can leave them in as long as they want. I wouldnt go visit him, until he gets out. Because here in KY you have to have written permission to visit prior to the visit. As well as it is either behind glass or a video visit. WHen my husband was in, I waited til he got out before I visited because its a over a hundred mile drive for 2 hours.

HisSoul
05-25-2008, 11:32 AM
I agree with thugwife. Getting sent to the hole is a disiplinary action. They are allowed to recieve mail, but that's about all. No phone calls, they can't go outside, no commissary.. They are allowed visits, but it is behind glass. I hope that your man gets out soon. It sucks being in the hole.

locactus
05-25-2008, 11:59 AM
I just went thru this. Actually I have a thread in the General P. Talk forum regaurding confinement. My guy was put in Administrative Con. for some hearsay nonsense. But he was able to get all his letters and I recieved all of ours. Also he was able to order from commissary once a week. I'm in FL tho so I don't know if it is diff. in Tx. If he was involved in a fight then most likely he was in Displinary Con. however he still should have recieved his mail. If in Tx they're not allowed to access their commissary than its possible he didn't have access to paper, evelopes or stamps. If you don't want to call up there and speak with anyone in the mail room you can check your states DOC site. You should be able to find info on there of what is allowed while in Confinement.

*Noir*
05-25-2008, 12:00 PM
sorry, i guess i really worded that wrong.. was trying to make it easier to read but that failed, lol.

but no, he is already out of the hole. until recently, there was a period of time where i wasn't recieving any letters from him and i didn't understand why.. well, he had written his mom and said that he was in the hole for like 2 months for getting into a fight with this one guy. he's out now.. but i was just wondering about it since i didn't know anything about 'the hole'. i also wondered if that's why i wasn't receiving letters from him for that period of time. that's why i just wanted some information on it. :(

turns out, my parents have been taking my letters from the mailbox to keep me from communicating with him. (i had to move back into their home since i was pregnant and needed some help.) so i was just trying to confirm if that was the only reason i wasn't hearing from him, and why he didn't receive my letters.

sorry, it's a complicated situation..:shake:

and thank you for helping me with your responses! i need all the information i can get. i'm trying to learn as much about the prison system as i can so i can better understand what he must be going through.

robs_angel
05-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Glad hes out of the hole, sorry your parents are doing that to you guys. I would get a po box, i had to prices are different but i only pay 36.00 a year here, that way you get to send and get letters from him.

best wishes

BabygirlNGary
05-25-2008, 01:26 PM
P.O box is a good idea! I would be furious if my parent's did that. Your in my prayers. Where Im from they can get and receive mail and have behind glass visits.