View Full Version : First Time Visit at your man's Correctional Facility

mcguyver
05-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Hello Ladies!! Today was my first time visiting my man at Franklin Correctional. It was great to see him, after not seeing him in a month:). It was love all overagain. We took some pictures. I thank God that I feel so blessed. How many ladies have felt the same way the first time they went to visit their man...want to share....:p.

PTO-92958
05-25-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm glad you had a great visit! :D
Each time I go into a new facility I feel..."here we go, newbies again...gotta get used to the place". :p
But, yeah, it's always great to see him again, especially the longer we've been apart between visits.
The first visit ever...we were not "officially" back together yet...it solidified that there would never be another person again that will keep us apart.
It was also my first visit ever to a state prison. I was real "green" :o.
That visit is our "reunion anniversary"...and we've never looked back. :heart: (except in joy and gratitude of finding each other again)

Morganna McGee
05-25-2008, 04:44 PM
I actually had a panic attack when I first went to visit my guy at supermax. I was afraid that they wouldn't let me out when they got me behind bars or that something would happen. But after he got there and reassured me all was well. Then he got transferred to a lower level prison and we went through it all again...but without the panic attack this time. Now he's there for the last two years almost and I got real friendly with the CO's and it's all good. They are really great if you give them no reason to show the law on ya. Hope you have many more good visits.

Blessings...
Morganna

calilocwifey26
05-25-2008, 07:00 PM
I actually felt the same exact way just yesterday. :) i hadn't seen my hubby in 5 months since he was transferred to a state prison. It was my first time ever to a prison but seeing him made all my nervousness go away. Plus it's a minimum camp so not as strict as a medium or max. I love him so much and yesterday solidafied that even more:)

destiny1987
05-26-2008, 12:49 AM
I had my first vist yesterday. I had not seem my boyfriend in 2 months. I even got lost on my way to the facility and was 30 minutes late. I was worried they wouldn't let me in but they did. I was so nervous to see him but once he arrived I was in heaven.

Queensett
05-26-2008, 01:23 PM
I havent been yet 3 weeks and I cant wait although I am a little nervous. Ive never been through this experince before but he makes it seem so easy and reassures me everything will be ok. I hope so.:new:B

MzSexii
05-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Just wanted to say I'm so new on here..It's nice to know there is a community in where you can find support! Anyway..My ex-boyfriend and I haven't seen or spoken to each other in about 1 year and 2 months, and I moved on..he went to jail..Well my relationship WAS UNSUCESSFUL..because I was still so inlove with him..and the feeling of not seeing him GOT UNBAREABLE!..So..I broke all the rules, and drove all the way to Upstate CF..and THAT drive was SO LONG!..When I got there, I was so nervous..I was shaking as I was signing the paper..then on top of that..I tried to eat something..thinking that would calm my nerves..I ended up throwing up..SO HILARIOUS now that I look back on it..But then visit went great..we cried..we laughed..It was just so terrible because he was behind that damn gate thing..and that was the only hard part about it..I don't know if we'll ever be together again..But I do know that I wanna be there for him..in any way that I possibly again..HAVING SAID THAT..
Does anybody know of any transportation leaving from Rochester, Buffalo or Syracuse..going to Upstate CF..Because..it's almost impossible for me to do that drive ALL THE WAY up there again..by myself..

flforever322
05-27-2008, 08:40 AM
That first visit to a new facility is always crazy for me. New faces, procedures and new surroundings. On top of it all you still have that bundle of nerves because you are going to see HIM. The last time I went, a friend was with me and it made it sooo much easier because talking to her helped me to relax and made all the sitting and waiting go by faster.

Once I see him though, he untangles my nerves to the point that I don't even think or complain about what I just went through.

GonetilNovember
05-27-2008, 09:55 AM
The first place I went to see my man was on Riker's Island. He was in the process of being moved upstate and it was my first time to a correctional facility EVER!!!

I get on the bus get on the island only to remember that my ID is back in the car!!:angry::angry: So now I have to take the bus back get my ID and take the bus back again! Finally get inside and I'm trying to find the building that he's in but I don't have a pen so now I'm walking around asking people to hold their pen. Luckily someone said I could. Finally get on the second bus to go to the building and I'm completely lost!! Don't realize that I have to check all the stuff that I brought in (I bought too much) and go stand on another line to be searched again! Only to be told that I can't wear any jewelry so I have to take everything off. Rings, necklaces, earrings, and bracelets...annoying!

Then I go to the visiting section finally!!! and have to wait until they call him. By now its been 2 hours. I'm nervous as all heck and I can feel the tears welling because I'm just so uncomfortable being in this type of environment. They finally call his name and I go sit down and he comes and I'm crying the entire time. Tears of sadness to see him in that durn outfit and tears of happiness just because I was able to see him. It was just all around emotional and while I loved seeing him for that hour, I still hate that place with a passion.

jaelsangel
05-27-2008, 11:43 AM
My first visit was some years ago. I had seen people in the county but not prison. So I went to see him I had on this cute dress in all which was a no no. I had to put jeans on under the dress . I looked crazy but I wsas happy to see him. That place was ok. No problems or issues. But the place he is at now is nutty. The gaurds are sooo GHETTO!! U can barley look cute , the lines are long as I odnt knw what, and ypu barley even get a darn visit. BUt god is good he was transferred to min now, which means I can look cute, and not stand in long lines and het a full visit.I look foward to going there every weekend!! DAM IS IT SATURDAY YET...