View Full Version : Do the guys share their letters with their cell mate or with other guys?

spbabie112
05-24-2008, 05:05 PM
I have always wondered this. I don't know if my friend shares his letters or not with other guys so I was wondering if your guy does. What kinds of things do you think they share? I have heard that some of them will say that a friend who writes them is a girlfriend when she is just a friend lol I don't know if that's true or not. Do you guys have any knowledge of what they might say when they share or if your guy shares? I'm just curious. It's hard to figure out what they are truly doing in there with stuff lol

Isweoriswenot
05-24-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm not sure if they share their personal letters per say so others can read at least I know my man wouldn't. I know they do share like magazines, books and stuff like that.

robs_angel
05-24-2008, 05:56 PM
My baby doesnt but he has friends that ask his opinion on letters they have gotten.

Sarah Moats

BabygirlNGary
05-24-2008, 06:02 PM
My man has told me they talk about us just like we talk about them on here. He has a old school cellie that he conversates with and one other inmate in his dorm but everyone else he just speaks to on a as needed basis.

spbabie112
05-24-2008, 06:21 PM
Really? My friend doesn't tell me if he talks about me or not.

MrsDolin
05-24-2008, 06:24 PM
He doesn't share our letters, but if I send him a sweet card that's not too personal he'll share that. He also has showed some of his cellies our family pictures. He keeps the good ones for himself.

spbabie112
05-25-2008, 04:12 PM
He has asked me before to find a friend that could write to his celly. He only asked once so I am sure that he has mentioned me somehow because his friend wanted a pen pal. Other than that, I don't know. :)

girl_next_door
05-25-2008, 06:46 PM
I know that my man talks about me to the other inmates, and he has admitted to showing them some pics, and admitted to bragging about how I send him the longest letters ever.
I don't think he actually shows them the letters though. I'm curious as to how much he tells them about me.

As for the other guys I write to as friends - I'm not sure how much they share with other inmates either. I feel like most of them at least mention they're writing to you. I mean mail is exciting for them to get and they are around each other 24/7 with not a whole lot to keep them busy right?

spbabie112
05-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Very true. There really isn't much for them to talk about so they prob talk about us.

krackergrl
05-25-2008, 09:20 PM
i asked my man this tonight..before i even read this post. he was talking about my pictures so i asked if he ever shared my letters or pictures..he said no way jose.. nonono..he said guys in there dont really share their letters but they DO show off or share pictures, and some can be really disrespectful. (not all do, but some)

FreelyCuffed
05-25-2008, 09:26 PM
mine shares the jokes and the stories i send him from online and conversates as natural like i would about him but nothing too personal

foreverwaiting
05-25-2008, 10:08 PM
mine has shows off sum pictures and i know he talks about me all the time, im constantly hearing about converstations theyve had about me, but i dont think he shows them any letters, i never really asked though... hmmmm ....gunna have to ask that one tomarrow

Released
05-25-2008, 10:21 PM
i shared my pics of my girlfriends to a few guys. I only shared some of my crazy letters i got from some of my girlfriends to my one close friends. It helped passs time. Sometimes I asked for advice. But im not married and just have ex girlrfriends who wrote me.

hoped that shed a little light.

But ladies remember, we have nothing else to talk about, we love talking about our girls/lady/wife etc.

bye

spbabie112
05-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Hmmm...I've never asked him. I will have to. I want to know what he likes to talk about.

patswife4-ever
05-26-2008, 11:09 AM
OMG.. if my hubby did that, I am pretty sure he would bore everyone with my letters!!:p LOL. I write boring letters... just stuff about me and the kids and work and going to the store, etc!! :rolleyes:. I know he showed one guy a letter, but that is all I know of (so far!!) :D

Miss Medina
05-26-2008, 11:20 AM
Honestly my man doesn't share everything but sometimes I write things and they don't make sense or I write somethng funny so yeah he will share or ask for an opinion on things but personal stuff he keeps to himself. He has told me about it and I think its okay.

Rena
05-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Mine shared pictures of our son, but not letters, cards, or anything personal. I sometimes send riddles & things like that. He shares those. I'll send the riddle and wait a few days before sending the answer, so they all try to figure it out before the answer comes.

spbabie112
05-26-2008, 12:32 PM
lol I don't think it would be boring. I don't really say anything worth telling (I don't think) so I think that it would be boring to talk about me.

California Sunshine
05-26-2008, 02:13 PM
It isn't my man it is my friends who know each other while I don't think they share my letters per say as one has told me he would never do that (even though I really don't mind because they are just friends)I do think they probably discuss them or things I have said as they both know me

jasonzwifey2011
05-28-2008, 10:48 AM
I know he shares his pics and funny things like jokes but I don't think he shares anything personal. I sent him one of the personalized photo cards from Hallmark.com and I know he showed that off. I also sent some Yo Momma Jokes I printed off that he shared and all the younger guys keep asking him to borrow them. :haha:

Seatrout
05-28-2008, 11:03 AM
When my boyfriend was in county jail he would show my letters and photos to anybody who wanted to see them. But when he went to state prison he would only share them with a couple of people.

HisJelly
05-28-2008, 05:19 PM
I write to my guy everyday, and at least once a week, I send an extra letter along with his, for the other guys on his block. Because of how I met my guy, I know all the guys on his block and like to keep in touch with them. But, I don't want him having to relay messages from me to them out of his letters. So much easier just writing a seperate letter, which most times ends up being longer than his!, for all of them to fight over reading. :p They've affectionately termed me "Mama Hawk" because I keep tabs on all of them. Ha! :p
At least that way, I know he doesn't share his letters, or my words to him, with anyone else. :)