View Full Version : Chasing The MailLady- she says she can't deliver!

NewLife12
05-24-2008, 03:26 PM
Okay I am totally freakin out:angry:. I've been chasing:eek: my mail lady for over 2 weeks now, trying to get my mail. The mailbox lock in my fourplex is broken and so the mail lady can not or will not leave the mail.The post office is supposed to be fixing it and hasn't done so yet.I spoke with the mail lady and she says she has no idea when they will fix it.She is not allowed to leave mail in an unsafe box. So she has to leave it at the office and I would have to go and pick it up if I want to get my mail. I have no car to get to the office, so not only am I not receiving all my other mail(which am glad not to see bills),but I am not getting the letters that my honey is sending me. He keeps asking my why I'm not responding to any of his letters.This is so crazy.I need to keep my connection flowing with him and thanks to the USPS, I am losing it, literally. We all know our letters are like gold to us, but theres nothing I can do until its fixed. Hopefully they will do so soon. Anyways, I just wanted to share with those who can relate to what I'm feeling. Thanks for listening:)...Farlice

wtomatoo1030
05-24-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you will get your man's letters very soon, and no need to chase the maillady anymore! ~..~

robs_angel
05-25-2008, 12:51 PM
I am sorry to hear that, maybe you can complain to the manger of the fourplex(not sure how them work)

best wishes

FAITHHOPELOVE
05-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Call your local post office. CONFIRM that they do have the work order and ask them how long will it be before it is fixed. I had my mailbox fixed and it was done within DAYS.... I wish you well...

97harvey
05-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Ken'sbaby, if you are not the only one suffering from getting your mail have others in the four-plex also call the post office. It should not take that long to get the mail box fixed. I would keep calling until it gets done. Believe me the bill collector is not going to take the excuse that you are not getting your mail and you see that your honey is not either. Call them, call them and call them some more until they know you and your neighbors are serious. Good luck.

AndILoveHim
05-25-2008, 06:56 PM
I'm sorry that you're not receiving your mail everyday. What you can do is that you can go to the post office and speak to a supervisor. Let him know how important is for you to receive your mail everyday. That you understand their delay on fixing your mailbox but what you don't understand is why you have to suffer meanwhile.
Basically, put in in good words but you can demand from them to leave you the mail in your house while the mailbox is broken. The mail lady would have to get down, knock at your door (ask for an ID if necessary) and deliver the mail everyday.
Please try to do that and I hope it works.

FreelyCuffed
05-25-2008, 07:08 PM
girl, if it has been that long i would call the post master at the office and tell him that you alerted your carrier weeks ago or however long ago it was that your lock was broken, they need to fix it.

NewLife12
05-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Thanks so much everyone for the great advice, Your all right I need to get on this and I'm gonna call tommorrow until something gets done cause this is ridiculous

jasonzwifey2011
05-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Okay I am totally freakin out:angry:. I've been chasing:eek: my mail lady for over 2 weeks now, trying to get my mail. The mailbox lock in my fourplex is broken and so the mail lady can not or will not leave the mail.The post office is supposed to be fixing it and hasn't done so yet.I spoke with the mail lady and she says she has no idea when they will fix it.She is not allowed to leave mail in an unsafe box. So she has to leave it at the office and I would have to go and pick it up if I want to get my mail. I have no car to get to the office, so not only am I not receiving all my other mail(which am glad not to see bills),but I am not getting the letters that my honey is sending me. He keeps asking my why I'm not responding to any of his letters.This is so crazy.I need to keep my connection flowing with him and thanks to the USPS, I am losing it, literally. We all know our letters are like gold to us, but theres nothing I can do until its fixed. Hopefully they will do so soon. Anyways, I just wanted to share with those who can relate to what I'm feeling. Thanks for listening:)...Farlice
You need to contact the Postmaster General for that Post Office location that delivers your mail and if no response then you need to contact the Inspector General for that Postal Region. Call, email, and write. That way it will get taken care of.

SexyChef1
05-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Thats awful I know how you feel when i first moved my address wasnt valid and the mailman wouldnt leave me any mail...finally Soldado started mailing his letters to his moms where I could get them...does anyone live close to you that he could send your mail to temperarily?

EightZeroFive
06-02-2008, 05:38 PM
That shouldn't even be legal! Why are they taking so long to fix it?! Is the post office going to pay your late fees on the bills that they are not delivering?! (I know you're not worried about not getting your bills :)) but you can threaten them with that! haha

happyhabit
06-02-2008, 09:19 PM
I would start asking to talk with a supervisor, then his/her supervisor, until you get some results. Thats crazy that this has been going on so long.
Also might want to call whoever owns the fourplex, it could be they are responsible for fixing it (differs from state to state).
Keeping my fingers crossed for ya