View Full Version : On his way to prison

buddy08
05-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Hi! My husband was moved from Mecklenberg Correctional to Irwin County Detention center in Ocilla, GA. He was sentenced on May 5 to serve 4.5 more months. We thought he might stay in Charlotte because of the short sentence he received. He had already been there 4 months. We are assuming he is on his way to a proson facility, but I can not find out where. I am afraid to travel 6 hours to GA to see him because he could move at any time. Does anyone know about this process?:eek: Help!!!

CandySunrise
05-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Hi Welcome to PTO.

I can't help you with the Georgia prison system. Maybe you should post your question in the Georgia forum.

Candy

silveroreo
10-04-2008, 07:59 PM
My brother was transfered from Mecklenburgh to Irwin also just a few days ago. What I understand is that is a transit facility and for security reasons no one will tell you when he will be moved. I suppose by now he is gone but could you tell me how it happened and if they left him there.

Tom Dee
02-15-2009, 11:29 AM
If you caught up in the FED system they Move you around ALOT awaiting Bed space at any give facility thety can place you These small Fubar counties Build additional bedspace to Fed guide lines JUST to Hold 4 thee feds it pays well for thee county no one chks up on these places much until yjey get to big and too many federal dollars start going there but for a county to make a few million a year tis a cakewalk thee guidlines for temp holding and fully housing for sentence are very different its confusing on purpose ..

ddjoy2
02-16-2009, 08:47 AM
What??????