View Full Version : international phone calls

bluelion
05-22-2008, 10:14 PM
I haven't seen this question posted before but i was wondering. i have a friend in Italy that i would love to be able to call when i start to serve my sentence in June but is it possible to make a collect phone call and would they even give me permission to make an international phone call from a nys prison? does anyone know?

adorableaussie
05-22-2008, 10:52 PM
I haven't seen this question posted before but i was wondering. i have a friend in Italy that i would love to be able to call when i start to serve my sentence in June but is it possible to make a collect phone call and would they even give me permission to make an international phone call from a nys prison? does anyone know?Hey there, i'm in Australia and i talk to my friend in California through a company called gtl. It's a prepayed account. Contact them via email at: advancepayinternational@gtl.net. Tell them what prison etc and they should be able to tell you yes or no. Now gtl don't have a very good reputation but I've not yet encountered a problem with them as yet. Good luck, hope this helps :).

jpkjpk2000
05-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Cheapest way, assuming your friend has a computer , is to sign up for MagicJack. Go to their website and check it out. If you need more info, let me know (You might search for this on the Forum,as there has been many posts on this)