View Full Version : what is a family visit?

lilmamaC
05-22-2008, 09:17 AM
i see all these posts about "family visits" and then the lil smiley face guy humping the air following that.

i want to know what it is, how do you get em, what qualifys you to get them, what states offer them...i want to know all the details. :confused:

G.Leyva
05-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Family Visits are like a 2-3 day visit. usually from Friday-Sunday. You stay in a trailer with your inmate for the hole weekend (that's why you see all the :) next to FV ;)) how ever here in CA you have to be married or be an intimidate family member like the inmates mother or child in order to qualify for a FV

barbie16118
05-22-2008, 09:28 AM
here in ny Family visits (also FRP's or trailers) is where you spend 44 hours with ur hubby in a trailer ..its on prison ground but its like ur own little apartment (no CO's)..all you do is bring the food and sheets , ur allowed to bring in DVD's , there is a tv and radio, you can BBQ and walk around outside.. you must be married , a child of the inmate , sibling or parent in order to get these visits. they are usually every 2-3 months depending on the facility and you pick either a monday, wednesday or friday

lilmamaC
05-22-2008, 09:33 AM
so its the same thing as a conjugal visit? correct? just a different name.

G.Leyva
05-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Thats right!

rutledge09
05-22-2008, 09:47 AM
how do you get conjugal visits

light at end
05-22-2008, 05:57 PM
how do you get conjugal visits

First you have to be in a state that has them. The inmate has to qualify for them and you need to be either married or immediate family.

s_jtrongo
05-22-2008, 06:07 PM
I have family visits at san quentin state prison, mine are every month for 2 nights, to be able to get them you have to have a relseae date and they state has to allow them, i think there is only 6 states that allow family visits, if you can get them its a wonderful thing. Call your husbands counsler they should be able to let you know.

thugwife
05-25-2008, 06:49 PM
I would give anything for these visits, but not here in KY they dont have them. SO I would guess that they are at large states that have alot of prisons. Even though KY is the highest incarceration rate in the nation, we still dont get them.