View Full Version : Should I write another letter?

DebMar
05-21-2008, 11:49 PM
Still no letter after my 1st to him???Should I keep waiting or write another letter? I said a little about his offense and am wondering (NOW) if the mail personell ever gave it to him! I just hate sitting around and waiting when he may not have ever received it. If they did hold it back from him...does that mean they will hold all the letters I send from now on ? He is suffering from PTSD and is on the Mental Wing so..... Does anyone know if there are different rules for the Mental Ward @ Baldwin State?:confused:

Random_1
05-22-2008, 02:22 AM
I'd just write another one, I'd also not mention his case until you know the guidelines.

DebMar
05-22-2008, 03:07 AM
This guy is probably going to hate me before he gets to know me ! I was reading a post about pictures and it says ( Put the inmates GDC# and name on the back of the pic OR it will be sent back to you (AT THE INMATES expense !!!!!!!!! It was going to Baldwin State. Are they really really strict? Hes been there for 5 yrs...does that make a difference to his priviliges ? He is in the Mental Ward.. He hasnt written after 9 days. My letter probably got trashed along with my pic. Man, this is my 1st letter ever to an inmate! How do all of yall stand all the suspense...not knowing if your loved ones even get your mail..or does it run a lil smoother as time goes by? Im all stressed out!! the last thing I wanted was to create problems for this young man. Also if his situation got National publicity... is it even likely that he would write me back! and ....no...Im not talking about Scot Peterson either....Ha!

Waiting4Mike
05-22-2008, 04:37 AM
Well, Scott Peterson or not:), I'd just go ahead and write again. If after sending a 2nd letter, you get no response, then rething your position. There is always the chance that he never received the letter. Good luck!
And, btw, now I am dying to know who this mystery guy is!;)

Mitch67
05-22-2008, 09:01 AM
If you only wrote him nine days ago then maybe you should give him a little while longer to respond. If you are introducing yourself for the first time then he may be making his decision about whether or not to get back to you.

When I first wrote P a couple of years back I didn't hear anything for about three weeks and later when we spoke about it he told me he was kind of yes maybe no about writing me back.

Obviously now he is glad that he did ;) but you know nine days isn't that long in the life of a piece of prison mail.

I would give it a little while longer but then definately give it another go if you still hear nothing. At least then if he is undecided you will show him that you are sincere.

NtShadow
05-23-2008, 04:28 AM
I would also write another letter and not mentioned anything about his case.
Good luck to you!

Register
05-23-2008, 02:12 PM
I would write him again and see what happens. Maybe he has no way to respond if he doesn't have any paper, stamps or envelopes. I would think the Institution would accept a stamped envelope you put in with his letter. Don't address the envelope unless you want to though. My opinion of that is that it makes you look desperate. Sorry, I know I'm not helping your situation. I'm positive he is thankful for your mail even though he may have not responded yet.

Don't give up without trying and most of all have patience with all of this. I lose my temper about every other week with something and it doesn't benefit anyone in the end and makes me feel stupid.

If a letter is rejected, the Institution should send it back to you. I have had some rejected and it does take a good couple of weeks for them to send the letter back to me letting me know it was rejected.

Hang in there.