View Full Version : Getting your man transferred closer to home

rell123
05-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Has anybody written to get their man transferred closer to home? Has it worked.? Where do you write? Any points on what to include would be helpful. Thanks.

TiewansWife
05-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Has anybody written to get their man transferred closer to home? Has it worked.? Where do you write? Any points on what to include would be helpful. Thanks.

Well my husband is locked up Upstate NY!! He have just been transferred to a prison which is 4hrs from me. It use to be 6 hrs, but luckily he is in the process of being brought close to NYC. You will have to have your husband put in a request to be transferred. Once he does that they will review his history(tickets, fights, etc.) If he is allowed to be transferred to another facility it can be as soon as 30days to as long as 6-12 months. My husband is currently on the waiting list to be put closer to home and NY DOC Movement & Control told me it could take up to a year to put him down because 80% of the prison population wants to be transferred closer to the city. Just try to have your husband put in for that request ASAP to his counselor. Good Luck:o

HardHeadedWoman
05-22-2008, 01:42 AM
Some put in for a hardship transfer. For inmates that have relatives such as mother or father that are in poor health and such they have their doctor write a letter stating it's too far for them to travel and that speeds the request up.

TiffanyFL
05-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Well in Florida you can put in for a good adjustment transfer, which means no DR's or any kind of disciplinary action for one year.

Morganna McGee
05-25-2008, 03:28 PM
When my guy and I first started out and got together he was at WVCF about an hour and half from me which was good. Then he got transferred to a lower level (also good) a three hours drive further north (not good). At the moment he's waiting word from the Supreme Court about appealing a modification denial. I would love to see him moved closer to home because I'm going through some bad medical problems myself---but since I'm only the "woman" on the outside I have no pull with anyone. Oh well, hopefully this will all come to an end soon. Stay strong and hang in there.

Blessings...
Morganna

Princess8080
06-03-2008, 11:43 PM
I"m curious, are these examples of a "hardship transfer" or "good adjustment transfer" apply only in the state facilities? Or fed? My fella would be eligible for either, but he's in fed....any thoughts?

xxaida0
06-05-2008, 08:55 AM
hey,
if i was to write to get my boyfriend transferred closer, who would i write it to? and where would i send it?

does anybody know?

he is in pinckneyville jail, in illinois

and also what should i say in the letter?