View Full Version : I dont get mail on Tuesdays and Wednesdays

AlwaysUs2011
05-21-2008, 08:00 PM
I was wondering why this is? Is it because they don't pick mail up on certain days?? But on either Mondays and Thursdays or Thursdays and Fridays I get at least 2 letters. Was just wondering if he was writing on days that they don't pick mail up.

Sylvia
05-22-2008, 03:16 PM
I usually don't get mail on Tuesday and sometimes Wednesday, because the prison where my son is does not go to the post office on Saturday and Sunday. It is closed both days. His mail to me usually takes only 2 days to get to me.

olivas505
05-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Same with where my husband is. No mail on Sat and Sunday and they pick up in the mornings on weekdays. So if a letter isn't in the box by Thursday night or early Friday morning, it won't go out until monday :)

24jf
05-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Same here.. no Tuesday or Wednesday mail.. I think it's because they can only send and receive mail Monday through Friday

redhaired_dolly
05-23-2008, 01:40 PM
It is. I know in Texas, at least. They only have mail Mon-Friday. So I get mail pretty much every day but Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Unless there are holidays, etc. I also know when he's going to receive my mail, usually, by when I send it off. I always try to make sure he has something to open on Fridays and Mondays.

Register
05-23-2008, 02:00 PM
I have never gotten any mail on Tuesday. I always get mail on Thursdays. That's about the only day of the week that is guaranteed. I've tried to figure out the mail system, but realize they don't have one. It seems like they send mail out when they feel like it these days.

cyndi34
05-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Tuesday is my day for no mail.Last call for mail is Friday,so I get that letter on Monday.The letter he mails on Monday,I get on Wed.or Thurs.

Judeca
05-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Yes the mail you get on Monday is usually mailed out on Friday and if you do get mail on Wednesday it was mailed on Monday.

AlwaysUs2011
05-24-2008, 11:00 AM
It is. I know in Texas, at least. They only have mail Mon-Friday. So I get mail pretty much every day but Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Unless there are holidays, etc. I also know when he's going to receive my mail, usually, by when I send it off. I always try to make sure he has something to open on Fridays and Mondays.

He is in Texas too, it takes 3 days for my letters to get to him. And vice versa.