View Full Version : Constant blocked phone calls, HELP!!!!

rondazbent24
05-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Using landline phone and phones only purpose is so that He can call me. It isn't the phone company that I am having trouble with, it's the other entities that are making me "fit to be tied!" With No warning suddenly they block our calls, and it's not even them that I have an account with. Therefore I have to pay my regular phone company the cost of the calls whenever They decide it's time. In order to get the block removed I have to send payment to my phpne company even though it's not even time for my monthly bill to be sent to me or due. Then get the confirmation # to the other phone blocking company to have the proof that the amount they want is paid, Then it take another 2-3 days for the block to finally get removed. This is the second time in a month that this has happened and I have only had the home phone long enough to receive the first months bill.
Surely there has got to be an easier way!!! If you know of any please share them with me!!

thugwife
05-22-2008, 08:36 PM
If you are new to the corrections system or to your phone company it is a precaution to cover them. I know when my husband went in, I didnt get the luxury of getting my calls blocked. He called a million times and they were more than happy to let them add up. Which costs me thousands of dollars a year, and hundreds a month. If you have the calls billed directly to your phone you should call your phone company and ask them what they limit is. Alot of phone companies have a limit on the calls they will take in a certain time period. The call block will also be done by another person, who removes the block, it happened to me many years ago. If you are taking dozens of calls within a certain time period it is to protect them. I would first call the phone company and see what your limit is and if you can pay a deposit on the calls. Alot of times new accounts, they will make you pay a deposit and deduct the money out of it, until they are sure you will pay your bill.

They did that to me. That was many years ago, I have MCI now who dont let you accept calls from prison, but I still see people on here who have MCI and they take collect calls, I dont know how because they told me they dont deal with corrections calls, so I have to go thru CBS. I just seen at the end of your post where you just got the phone and this is why, to protect them. After you have established a reputation with them, they will take off the restriction. Your best bet is to call the phone co first, even though I have had my number changed a million times, I have dealt with ATT, Bellsouth, MCI and such, and even though I have used them before I still had to pay a deposit, now where he is they use CBS. So I prepay my calls with them and they deduct it out of my account, I like it like that because we dont get out of control. Plus, it was ROUGH when he first went in, thats why we talked so much, now its a part of life. He will come home next year, so hopefully I wont have to deal with the shit anymore.

Pnellwife3
05-23-2008, 11:26 AM
If You Can, See If You Can Set Up A Pre-paid Account. Or Like Thugs Wife Suggested See If The Phone Company You Uses (mci Cbs Etc) Let You Set You Limit To Lets Say 300.00 A Month So You Can't Go Over The Amount Of Money You Can Spend On Accepting Phone Calls.