View Full Version : Is his ring worth losing our visits? Help!!

Jay-OWifey
05-20-2008, 02:29 PM
My husband and I were married on March 19th 2008. Because he is incarcerated there was no way for me to have his correct ring size before the wedding the CO's would allow me to bring the ring in and size it and then take it back to get fixed. I had to resize the ring 3 times and because of this the ring has no broke at the bottom. They will not let us exchange the ring with a CO during visit now so that I can take it to be fixed and then return it to him they want him to ship it out to a company and have them return it to him I dont even want to imagine how much that is going to cost or he can mail it to me and i can have the company send it back which i dont mind that idea but he is afraid of someone stealing it from the mail. So he wants me to take the ring during a visit have it fixed and then bring it back. One problem with that is they mark that he is wearing a ring on his pass to come out for the visit so how is he going to explain it going back with no ring. Well i was trying to locate a "fake" ring to exchange with him but I cant find one that will fit him. So I suggested me buying a new ring and then we could just exchange the new and the old but still stand the chance of losing visits. I dont think the ring is worth losing our visits but he says it represents our marriage and that we "wont get caught" so to stop be scared. Any suggestions??:confused:

thugwife
05-20-2008, 02:54 PM
I dont know how good they pay attention to your man, and certainly I wouldnt suggest sneaking it in. You need to call the chaplain of the prison, thats how I got my husbands ring in. Because we were married at a county jail, and when he got shipped to another co. jail they made me pick up the ring. 95% of the places will let you have a ring, but NOT a big gawdy high dollar ring. I would talk to the chaplain first, because when my husband got to prison I got to mail it to the chaplain and he gave it to my husband.

I would MAKE SURE it fits him, because certainly they arent going to be having the aggravation of passing it back and forth. Try the chaplain thats your best bet.

BRIAN'S GIRL
05-20-2008, 04:28 PM
it won't coust that much to send it to him from the company i mean its not very heavy so i would just us the mail and avoid all troubles that may come by sneaking it in

Wobabi
05-21-2008, 05:00 PM
,,can he send it with insurance so if the ring gets stolen you can still get your money back for another one?

Ziahnamarillo
05-28-2008, 01:50 PM
I agree with you completely. I don't think the ring is worth losing your visits. I would prefer to be able to visit my sweetie with no worries rather than NOT be able to visit him because of some "trivial" situation. I understand that the ring represents your marriage right now, I think it's best that you just wear YOUR ring and represent for you and him on the outside. When he's flying free again, you guys can go and get it re-sized and celebrate all over again.

For me, there would be NO question!!! If my options are being able to see him versus screwing up, getting busted doing something that's against regulation and NOT seeing him, I would choose to see him.

Don't take that chance...

John3277
05-28-2008, 03:09 PM
depends??? how long would you loose them if you lost them for a while it wouldnt be so bad but if its forever dont do it

justadeb
05-28-2008, 04:19 PM
yes simple he can take a piece of paper wrap it around his finger the width of his wedding band.... and get a measurement.. mail it to you ...... the jeweler should be able to get a size that way....

the1stMrsSMith
05-28-2008, 05:20 PM
the prison where my husband is. he can send out certified mail.