View Full Version : GTL taken to task over disconnected calls

Sammy 115
05-19-2008, 03:25 PM
I just found out regulators in Florida are going after Evercom and GTL for disconnecting calls that were not 3 ways. Have you ever had a call cut off on you while you were talking to a loved one? If so you need to complain to the Florida Public Service Commission right now!

thugwife
05-19-2008, 04:57 PM
It will do NO good for them to do anything to them if THEY can prove the calls were accepted on a cell phone. I dont know about GTL because I dont deal with them but I have CBS and the calls are NOT guaranteed on cell phones and they will tell you when you sign up.

Dacey
05-19-2008, 05:23 PM
I use CBS and have the calls go directly to my cell phone. I do have dropped calls sometimes and whenever they are less than 3 minutes, I call the customer service at CBS and they credit my account for the call. The downside to that is that if they don't see a call that came directly after the dropped call, they will not credit my account back, and I had to raise a little hell with them the last time that happened.

robs_angel
05-26-2008, 09:37 AM
I do the same thing if my calls are less than 3 mins too..

TiffanyFL
06-07-2008, 06:41 PM
If they can prove that the calls were recieved on a cell phone, with either GTL or CBS, you will NOT get a refund. They tell you when you set up the account that they cannot guarantee connectivity to a cell phone and WILL NOT reimburse you for dropped calls!! The only states where that is allowed is Ohio and Connecticut.