View Full Version : How can you tell if your friend in prison is falling for you based on your letters?

spbabie112
05-18-2008, 05:29 PM
He writes some of the sweetest things. We have known each other for a long time. He has pet names for me and things like that and he always tells me how he is here for me no matter what. He hasn't been that way to me before. He even puts his stamps upside down and when I told him that I heard it means "I miss you" (just to see what he says and if he corrects me) he said at the end of the letter, P.S. It means "I love you." He seems very genuine and sweet. Are there ways that you can tell if your guy friend in prison is starting to develop feelings for you through mail? Is it possible for that to happen? :confused: :rolleyes: :)

Thanks!

faithfullone
05-18-2008, 07:38 PM
First of all it is real hard in prison, being told what to do all the time, looking over your sholder every sec. and so on. The only real and soft place for them is us here in the free world, We are the only ones they can say sweet kind words to without coming off like a punk. They need us so they dont go crazy and for money and support. you said you knew Him for a long time and He never made a pass at you, well I say just be his friend while in prison and if He and you wants to start a relationship when He gets out you'll know it is real. This way you know for sure what His intentions are and You want have to be tied down and wast your life for not a sure thing.

*Da Princess*
05-18-2008, 10:05 PM
You should just let fate take its course! Maybe his perfect for you becuz you weren't looking for it....

You fall in love with someones personality and you guys have a very open relationship as this point because theres nothing to lose but gain....

Could it be your falling for him too and just a lil scared? :confused:

Whaatevverr
05-18-2008, 10:28 PM
Your story puts a smile on my face. My husband I have known for 9 years now, and I have always wrote him when he was locked up doing a violatioin thru out the years. He would always say the sweet things... in his letter and sometimes some of the stuff scared the crap out of me. I always loved to write him cause I could tell him anything and he was always there for me thru letters. Well we finally got together june 2006 after he was released and I trully can say I have never been more in love and in touch with someone than him. and I the same for him. Those letters created a bond between us that noone could ever touch and it started something we both didn't know would really lead to this. Today we are married and still very much in love. Even though he is locked up again. We are even stronger together now than ever before. I would just enjoy his letters and see where it goes. You never know he just might be the one and as da princess said "you fall in love with someones personality" So true and what is more personal than having an emotional relationship thru letters even if nothing else forms you will know he will always have your back because of this special bond you two are forming.

johnnyrayzaimee
05-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Your story puts a smile on my face. My husband I have known for 9 years now, and I have always wrote him when he was locked up doing a violatioin thru out the years. He would always say the sweet things... in his letter and sometimes some of the stuff scared the crap out of me. I always loved to write him cause I could tell him anything and he was always there for me thru letters. Well we finally got together june 2006 after he was released and I trully can say I have never been more in love and in touch with someone than him. and I the same for him. Those letters created a bond between us that noone could ever touch and it started something we both didn't know would really lead to this. Today we are married and still very much in love. Even though he is locked up again. We are even stronger together now than ever before. I would just enjoy his letters and see where it goes. You never know he just might be the one and as da princess said "you fall in love with someones personality" So true and what is more personal than having an emotional relationship thru letters even if nothing else forms you will know he will always have your back because of this special bond you two are forming.

I just got a letter friday that said I was in soulmate and best freind and that since our relationship is based on sincerity,caring, loyalty, love, honesty,mutual attraction and ya know personality type stuff BEFORE sex and lust that we have a far more greater bond than people in most relationships cause in the "free" world its just opposite

and just maybe like the person above me stated you might be scared cause your falling for him too...I mean come one the guy corrected you and said "I love you"

Go with flow girlie!!!

aztheride
05-18-2008, 11:09 PM
I've come to learn through my experiences that love, for me, isn't real till I've looked a person in the eye, held their hand, listened to her voice etc. I've fallen for some women I've met on the internet, and no matter how much time we spent talking, or how many times we said "I love you" it wasn't real till the moment we met. Unfortunately, sometimes it also wasn't real the moment we met and we both knew it. It's too easy to perfect a person in our own minds, make them a better or different person, make them be who we think we want. When you spend real time with that person is when you learn some truth.
I think Faithfullone above had a great reply. I do think it's possible for two people to realize they like each other a lot through the mail. For me, meeting will be the next step to see where it goes from there.
Guard your heart, but best of luck to you!

luvssks
05-19-2008, 01:11 AM
I think...no, I believe...it is entirely possible to fall in love with someone thru letters. Just as johnnyrayz and luv said....our relationships are based on openness, honesty, sincerity, etc...and not just sex/lust. That creates an amazing bond. The perfect man for me, Damian, is incarcerated...we're MWI (met while incarcerated) we've not seen each other face-to-face yet, however we both just KNOW this is meant to be.

Imo, if you've known each other for a long time, and he's just now starting to be this way...I say go with the flow. Examine your own feelings for him as well. Take things one day at a time, and see where it leads. If you feel yourself falling for him, I say don't hold back just 'cuz of circumstances. Life (and love) are about taking chances.

MontanaGal43
05-19-2008, 10:07 PM
I would say that he has feelings for you. have you asked him? communication is important. I know its possible to fall in love through letters because it happened to me and my guy. :D Go with it and like I said ask him.
ps. how do you feel about him?

loveslady
05-19-2008, 10:34 PM
i know that it is very possible to fall in love thru letters. honestly this is what happened to me and my boyfriend. i knew him before he was ever incarcerated but not very well. i felt sorry for him when he got incarcerated at 18 years old and iwas 17 so i began writing him every week. needless to say i knew very early on that i was in love with him but he did not return my feelings but i continued to be his friend for 3 years(the length of his bid), then he came home and sure enough we did not have a relationship as he was trying to make up for the 3 years of youth he had missed. he stayed home for some 6-7months and was reincarcerated. i did leave him a lone for the 1st year he was re-incarcerated to talk to other people. somehow we found each other again and now for the last 2 years we have been going strong. we are now 25 years. old and i he has apologized for not treating me the way he should have after he was released the first time and he says i am the love of his life and he wants to build a future with me. i want to mention that he and i only communicate by letter and telephone, we have been on no dates or had sex. and i can honestly say i love this man with everything i have, he has been so supportive of me and my goals, he pushes me to want to be the best I can. he shares his hopes, dreams, andaspirations with me. i kno he loves me and i never doubt that. even though inmates have done many bad things, they still have hearts and recognize those that love them. trust me he knows how you feel and hopefully he not playing with your emotions. but in answering your questions, it is 100% possible to fall in love thru letters. my boyfriend is the last thing on my mind at night and the first thing on my mind int the mornings, i hope that we get married when he comes home, i want to take care of him and have him do the same for me for the rest of my life.

thatwiz
05-20-2008, 05:07 AM
Some people think its possible and some people don't. I personally don't think you can, as I write hubby every day and a letter is just that-words on a paper without action-there really is no meaning. i think a letter may lead you to more exporation about the person but thats just love of words. In a letter you really can say anything and not mean a word of it-its easy to write what you think someone wants to hear- its much harder when you have to deal with it face to face daily. I would say that its a start.

spbabie112
05-20-2008, 02:58 PM
How do I feel? Well, I have known him for many years. In case you do not know, I am 16 and he is 19. It may surprise you that we are that young but I initially came to this site for information about where he is and stuff so that I can talk to him and be able to relate to him a little more. (If we even can...) Well anyway, I do like him a lot. He is a good person despite everything and he really knows how to make me feel good about myself. We were never that close when we were younger because he was better friends with my sister and I was better friends with his brother. I enjoy talking to him and he said that he enjoys talking to me. Well actually, his mother figured out that I like him (well, she thinks I love him) and so I told him about it and told him that something like that takes time and attention. That I am not in love with him but I do care about him and stuff. You know, how you should care about friends. All he could say in reply was this: "4 real you're only 16, but I enjoy talking to you." He also said that he didn't know his mom and I are not getting along (because of what she thinks) and that he doesn't know whats going on. Then he said what he said. I didn't know what to take it as so I let it go. I don't know.

Mitch67
05-22-2008, 09:17 AM
You are both very young but you know my guy always says love isn't about age or race or even laws - it usually just happens.

I would tread carefully but for sure it sounds like there is something between you. Maybe you need to give it a little time to work out together what it is that you feel for each other.

I agree that you can fall in love through letters and there are lots of MWI ladies on this site who are testiment to that without ever meeting their man. However I also know that it is often easy for guys to treat you nice and speak pretty words while they are locked up and then have a totally different approach when they get out. Again ask the MWI ladies.

Just tread carefully and don't rush anything.

timsbaby41
05-22-2008, 09:46 AM
I would say that he has feelings for you. have you asked him? communication is important. I know its possible to fall in love through letters because it happened to me and my guy. :D Go with it and like I said ask him.
ps. how do you feel about him?

Bravo !!!! :thumbsup:

spbabie112
05-22-2008, 01:20 PM
I did ask him and what he wrote in reply is what I said before. I asked him what he feels and that is what he said...I don't know what he meant by it. I don't know if it was good or bad.