View Full Version : Your opinion ladies. (on her visiting plans)

calilocwifey26
05-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Hey Ladies,

I am planning to go see my hubby this weekend coming up (Sunday before Memorial Day). I had planned to take the van service in the bx that goes up to his facility, this way Saturday I can get my hair done (you know I have to look cute, lol:D) and handle my little errands on that day. I figured I could relax and be ready for Sunday.

Getting to the point I spoke to him yesterday and he said that his cellies girlfriend is going up Saturday and that I should ride up with her. He thought it would make sense as I would save money and I really appreciate him asking if I could ride up with her but I already had a plan. My other thing is that I would have to rush doing things during my work week, and get no rest before I go up. The girl that is going up to see her man lives in rockland cty and she would have to come down to the bx to come get me and then we would have to go back up to the facility, coming home she would bring me all the way down to go back up again. Also I don't know her or the cellie he is referring to and they could be the nicest people but I just keep thinking of the what if's, like they get into an argument and my visit has to be cut short because I came up with her, she decides the day of she doesn't feel like coming down to the bx to get me and so on and so forth. I know my honey was just trying to help but am I wrong for just sticking with my plan?

What is your take ladies?

subaby47
05-18-2008, 12:17 PM
I dont think you are wrong for sticking to your original plan.Sometimes our loved ones forget that we still have a life to live out here.I am sure he was only thinking of helping you and it is frustrating inside to not be able to do anything for your loved ones.Hope you have a good visit.Also he probably is wanting to see you sooner.

calilocwifey26
05-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Thanks subaby:) I know he is frustrated because he can't do much on his end but hopefully that will change soon. He did sound a little down when I told him Sunday works better as I had things to do Saturday. That's when I started second guessing my decision. I am dying to see him and can't wait. I am sure we will both be happy once we are together Sunday, it should put us both at ease.

Thanks again ;)

NtShadow
05-18-2008, 01:27 PM
I would tell him that you appreciate the offer, but you have other plans/other things you need to get done for this weekend.
For me personally, I would tell him that I would like to get to know her a little bit before I just hop in a car with her. I would do that for my own safety.

golden2006
05-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Depending on how far the ride is and which way will save you $$. But if its an inconvience for you to go w/ her, then stick to your original plan. My DH is 8 hours a way so me and a girl that lives in my city share the the ride together. In the process we have become friends and talk to each other for encouragement and support. Also to pass along messages to our inmates when we can't reach them. But again it boils down to if you feel you can be ready by then and if its going to be an inconvience. Either way, have fun on your visit!

msonlydabest
05-18-2008, 02:05 PM
I say stick to your plans!!! Because with her your gonna feel like you have no say on time, hour, whatever may happen you relay on her....Hit the Bx and go on Sunday as planned tell your hunny the truth, your just more comfortable going on your plan rather then someone so unfamiliar to you!!!!

Hope your visit goes well!!!! I am leaving da bx to pa on Wed (So hype) lol

calilocwifey26
05-19-2008, 07:31 AM
Thanks ladies:) I have decided to stick with my plans. I just feel uncomfortable riding with someone I don't know at all. I did explain to him why and I am sure he will be fine. As long as we see each other that is what should matter. Thanks again for the input. ;) I can't wait to see him, it's been 5 months! Yayyyyyyy :)

jonsgirlallday
05-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Hey girlie, no one and I mean NO ONE, not even your man can arrange plans for your visit!! I totally understand what you're saying about having your own plan. This is along the lines of someone wanting to go with you to visit your man, like one of his family members, etc. NO WAY! This is one of the few things you get to have with your man and you do it YOUR WAY!! Just tell your man thanks but no thanks, tell him you got it covered and you can't wait to see him!! Have fun!

NowHisWife
05-19-2008, 10:38 AM
The only way I would go up with her is if my own plan fell through and I had no other way. There's just too much that could happen. I mean what if she doesn't get in for some odd reason or what if you don't get in?

And coming from Rockland to the Bx just seems like an inconvience for her.

I would stick to my original plan for sure.

calilocwifey26
05-19-2008, 03:17 PM
The only way I would go up with her is if my own plan fell through and I had no other way. There's just too much that could happen. I mean what if she doesn't get in for some odd reason or what if you don't get in?

And coming from Rockland to the Bx just seems like an inconvience for her.

I would stick to my original plan for sure.

I really love your ticker. It looks like me when I have my moments, lmao!:D

yaya'sbaby
05-19-2008, 04:22 PM
I say stick with your plans. I have seen so many ways women have gotten screwed hy going with people they were unfamilir with. One girl on here didnt know the girl she was riding with was bringing in contraband and the couple got caught trying to switch it. Low and behold, they were trying to prosecute and ban this girl from visiting all because she was in the passanger side. So....becareful.

CarrotCake10
05-19-2008, 07:09 PM
I usually take the bus services in the bx (Scottie's) I think you should go with your original plan. I know hectic the day before a visit can be from getting your hair,eyebrows done etc. Like you said you do not really know that girl and she could be a sweet heart, but I would want to avoid all the possibilities by just sticking to my original plan. To not hurt your hubby's or their feelings you can say that you already reserved your spot etc,etc maybe next time.

calilocwifey26
05-20-2008, 06:41 AM
I say stick with your plans. I have seen so many ways women have gotten screwed hy going with people they were unfamilir with. One girl on here didnt know the girl she was riding with was bringing in contraband and the couple got caught trying to switch it. Low and behold, they were trying to prosecute and ban this girl from visiting all because she was in the passanger side. So....becareful.

Things like that are exactly what I am afraid of. You just never know.