View Full Version : Slow Receiving mail..

crystalaaron
05-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Hi I'm new here..And I had a question...

My boyfriend is actually at CUCF in Gunnison..
Well in one of my last letters he got all upset that I haven't wrote him.. But I have actually wrote him ALOT! I wrote him everytime he wrote me.. I get his letter in about 3 days after he writes them.. And he doesn't seem to get ALL of the letters I send... Does anyone know what could of happened to them or is he getting them at all? How does it take so long?? Do they get mail everyday that it comes in or do they hold it for just one certain day?? I was just wondering cuz it gets frustrated when he gets all mad about that when its not my fault.....

tinktink5
05-17-2008, 11:02 PM
it depends on how much mail the prison recieves the more mail the longer it takes cause they have to go through every letter but it shouldnt take to long.... have you been putting his prison id on the letter???? you should call the prison tomorro...

Passingtrucker
05-18-2008, 04:25 AM
One of the educational channels on cable (HistoryChannel, Discovery, Learning, etc...) had once aired a documentary on prison guards; what they go through typically in a day. They mentioned all inbound mail has to be inspected for; 1--hidden contraband; 2--Forbidden topics and coded messages. The narrator claims drugs are sometimes hidden under postage stamps, or sandwiched between 2 thin layers of paper that are glued together to make it appear as if its a single page of paper. Envelopes and letters are each held under a bright light to seek out concealed contraband. The letters' contents are also screened to ascertain topics don't include plans for a prison escape, or intent to commit criminal activities inside, or outside the prison walls. Gang leaders are often briefed by subordinate gang members outside, on how drugs, prostitution, and other criminals activities are coming along, while the leader is serving his time. These messages are often coded, so prison guards have to keep up with knowing what the latest terms, and slangs are. These prison codes is how the slang term "Mary Jane" (for marijuana) had started, back in the 70s.

Another concern are coded messages for a "hit," or assasination. When a "hit" is communicated to gang members serving time, they schedule a melee, or an isolated prison riot in one area, to divert guards' attention while the "hit" is carried out on the target. When order is finally restored, guards often find a dead body elsewhere, and they realized they were set up all along.

I've just received my first reply to a penpal letter I had sent to a gal, serving at CIW Frontera (womens' prison in Corona, CA). I mailed my letter on 4-22-08 Tuesday; CIW is only 12 miles from me. She said she received my letter on 5-12-08 Monday; 20 days after I've mailed off the letter.

johnnyrayzaimee
05-18-2008, 04:57 AM
Dont worry let him know whats up...I have had mail get to me or my mail get to him in 1 day and even 10 days....stuff just disappears sometimes....

Good Luck and he will understand

~Aimee

Angelsdelight
05-18-2008, 06:58 AM
try not to worry too much sometimes mail can be real slow & take a while to get to them if they have a real load go in it can take a while to screen it all

crystalaaron
05-18-2008, 08:34 PM
I hope you guys r right.. cuz i just hope he gets all my letters....