View Full Version : California Inmate Out of state transfers

judean07
05-17-2008, 05:46 PM
I have just been informed that my son could be transfer out of state. Did some research and found it interesting. Here is some information that you need to know if you are worried about out of state transfer. After reading this it looks like there is not a thing that can be done to stop the out of state transfer. Any comments or knowledge you have I welcome any help.

http://www.gov.ca.gov/index.php?/print-version/proclamation/4278/

The CDCR Secretary shall prioritize for involuntary transfer the inmates who meet the following criteria:

1. Inmates who: (a) have been previously deported by the federal government and are criminal aliens subject to immediate deportation; or (b) have committed an aggravated felony as defined by federal statute and are subject to deportation.

2. Inmates who are paroling outside of California.

3. Inmates who have limited or no family or supportive ties in California based on visitation records and/or other information deemed relevant and appropriate by the CDCR Secretary.

4. Inmates who have family or supportive ties in a transfer state.

5. Other inmates as deemed appropriate by the CDCR Secretary.

MrZ!
05-17-2008, 07:44 PM
The state is not following the guideline that they want all of us to believe that they are going by. If they were following it, my husband and many other families' loved ones wouldn't have been transferred out of state.

judean07
05-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Yes, I agree. #5 just voids 1-4. I am just floored that there is not a thing that anyone can do to stop these transfers. I will tell you that it never even enter my mind that my son might be transfer out of state, my head is still in the clouds you would think that after a year of going to court and fighting the system my feet would be planted on the ground. OH no, just when you believe that you are going to be ok they decide to turn your life up side down again. "California is the place I want to be" those days are long gone, what has happen to California.

Mrz RuIz
05-19-2008, 12:24 PM
YUP, THEY SEND WHOEVER THEY WANT. AND THERES NOTHING U CAN DO
I TRIED WRITTING A LETTER TO SACRAMENTO AND WRITTING A LETTER TO THE WARDEN WHERE HE WAS AT TO NO AVAIL

THEY DONT CARE

CALIFORNIA DOSENT CARE ABOUT BREAKING UP FAMILIES

sanchezct
05-19-2008, 12:49 PM
My husband was told he would be transferred to Arizona. I was panicking and then i thought well that is not as far as some other states and kind of felt ok with it. Well it's 3 months later and no transfer. Now i heard that the facility they were going to transfer him to in Arizona is full ????????? No i am nervous again.....
When does it stop getting worse?

Mrz RuIz
05-19-2008, 01:07 PM
IT NEVER STOPS.....SPECIALLY WITH THE "MARSYS LAW" THATS GONNA BE ON THE BALLOT IN NOVEMBER
PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW ANYONE IN PRISON, DONT CARE
IT WONT STOP TIL ALL THE FAMILIES UNITE AND DO SUMTHING 2GETHER

wendy tyler
05-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Sanchezct, they are constructing a new facility in Arizona just for CA inmates that opens in June.

judean07
05-19-2008, 01:29 PM
I just can't even get it together today. Researching "out of state transfers" has done nothing to help, knowledge is power. Not today, just scared me more. I think I will go put my head back in the sand and just stay there. Some days are harder than others, oh where oh where is that sand.
GOD bless.

sanchezct
05-19-2008, 02:33 PM
YEAH I HEARD THAT TOO. It still makes me nervous. Like when they want to see comittee does this arizona prison going to have a comittee for them to see. We are working on changing something right now and if he is transferred i am worried that it might not get the attention it needs.

Sanchezct, they are constructing a new facility in Arizona just for CA inmates that opens in June.

wendy tyler
05-19-2008, 03:11 PM
You are way ahead of me Sanchezct, I hadn't even thought of that. I would think they would have to have a committee, and your guy's jacket should have a copy of everything.

sanchezct
05-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Ok i do not have all the knowledge but let me see.
We want them to make a decision that only comittee can do.
So my husband requests to see comittee (who is the comitee) a bunch of privately owned Arizona employees???? Will California let them make that decision??? I am sure they will have the jacket with all the information but who will be making the authoriztions.

You are way ahead of me Sanchezct, I hadn't even thought of that. I would think they would have to have a committee, and your guy's jacket should have a copy of everything.

wendy tyler
05-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Ok i do not have all the knowledge but let me see.
We want them to make a decision that only comittee can do.
So my husband requests to see comittee (who is the comitee) a bunch of privately owned Arizona employees???? Will California let them make that decision??? I am sure they will have the jacket with all the information but who will be making the authoriztions.

Good question. There was a post by one of the mods. some months back that directed all questions regarding transfers to Missouri to a particular site. If I could just remember where and who the mod. was. He might be able to answer some of our questions. Surely Missouri facilities would have the same criteria as Arizona, or you would think. Maybe the mod. reading this can direct us.

sanchezct
05-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Let me know what you find out. I know there were many guys already sent to Arizona in my husbands prison. So if he is being sent anywhere i hope it is only Arizona and nothing farther. I have heard some good things about the outstate prisons but it is still wrong.

meeganv
05-19-2008, 07:04 PM
I asked my man: committee is held by speaker phone in the counselor's office with COCF in Sacramento. They still hold regular committee and at least in TN it is not a problem - no more and no less consideration given to an issue than when in CA. Hope that helps.

MrZ!
05-21-2008, 11:46 PM
The only out of state facilities that CA inmates may be transferred to are the facilities in MS, TN, OK, and the two in AZ. As far as I know, they're not going to sign into another contact with CCA for another facility to house CA's inmates. My husband was transferred to MS late 2007 and though people say out of state facilities is more relaxed, it is not. There are constant riots and fights that break out, even more than the prisons in CA. What makes it worse is that the staff are not trained and skilled in aiding and stopping the riots. It's definitely much more dangerous to be housed out of state.

meeganv
05-22-2008, 06:13 AM
I am sure it depends on the facility. I do agree that I hear the staff is not trained as well and basically when something jumps off, they just kind of duck and run. However, the TN location is pretty relaxed, for the most part.