View Full Version : Gaurds harrassing familiy members.

EBMB
05-17-2008, 02:32 PM
I visit my husband every weekend. Every weekend someone new has to be a complete jerk to me. Is there something I can do. I feel as if I am being singled out and harrassed. Thanks for the suggestions.

PTO-92958
05-17-2008, 03:37 PM
If you're being unduly harassed for no apparant reason, you can write to the Superintendant of the facility and the Commissioner of DOCS in your state...but talk to your hubby first and see what he thinks about the situation.

lilithinwaiting
05-17-2008, 06:26 PM
What exactly are they doing to you? I agree with Goldenglove's advice.. Good luck!

bella_honey
05-18-2008, 02:51 PM
I had this same situation happen to me! Luckly they rotate guards every quarter so I won't have to deal with the bastard again until after June 21st...I think you should speak to him first, then complain the next time it happens. This would have been the 2nd time we/I have been singled out. That is one too many IMO

thugwife
05-19-2008, 04:54 PM
OMG, yes it happens to us, but not just us so much. We have this "lady" guard if you call her a lady. She is constantly hounding the visitors and their families. The last few weeks I havent seen her, but last weekend she was behind the desk not patrolling the floor. My husband said he heard they filed a grievance against her. Most of the guy guards are pretty cool, but when theres women CO's there its a different story.

What bothers me most is that we cant even hold hands, I think if you make it thru the doors, you should at least get to hold hands. I try my best to at least have my knee touching his, but get in trouble for that when the "lady" guards are there. He was locked up in SEG for 90 days for hugging me wrong, because of that "lady" guard. It would be nice if they rotated guards, but I have noticed alot of newbies here lately.

Rena
05-22-2008, 05:11 PM
What time of day are you going? I have not been approved yet for prison visits, so I can't really give advice. But I found with County jail the earlier I went, the better their moods were. Personally I think they have really difficult jobs and just get burnt out & cranky. Of course they should not treat the family rude, single you out or anything, but I kind of get why they can be short tempered and not always nice.