View Full Version : can EX-inmates go visit current inmates?

MarriedSince08
05-17-2008, 12:23 PM
I know someone who used to be locked up and he wants to visit someone who is still locked up...is that allowed?

pinkkrazr
05-17-2008, 01:32 PM
I believe it depends on the state first and then length of time out, new charges etc. Fill out visitation request and try...worst they will do is tell you NO.

LouiseBies
05-17-2008, 03:03 PM
It varies from state to state, i know that in Washington an ex criminal can only visit another inmate if they are closely related e.g. brother sister mom dad.

XclusiveDyme2nv
05-20-2008, 12:23 PM
That all depends. Around here if your on probation your not allowed to visit another inmate.

daisy may
05-20-2008, 12:36 PM
In California your parole has to be discharged and you cannot have any drug releated charges. If you are on probabation you need a letter from your probation officer.

CONWIFE
05-20-2008, 07:47 PM
i think here in florida you have to wait a year. the easiest way to find out is to call and ask.

OffenderNoMore
05-22-2008, 08:24 PM
I know, here in Texas, you have to be immediate family to be allowed visitations soon after release. My husband and I saw our son three weeks after our release. Now, when people are on probation in my residential county, they can't go to visitation nor are they allowed around anyone who is an ex-offender or anyone who is on probation. If a probationer is caught around another probationer or ex offender they are MTR'd. The only exception to that rule is to be at work or if your spouse is an ex-offender. Technically, you're not even allowed around your adult child if he's been down. A good friend of ours just got sentenced to two years because he was MTR'd for being around his daughter who is an ex offender.

one_luv
05-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Most states do not allow you to visit a prison if you are on parole or probation. You should post this question in the state you wish to visit in as you will likely get the answer you need.