View Full Version : Does GTL still require you to fax phone bill?

loveisfree
05-16-2008, 07:27 PM
I need to set up a new prepaid account and I was curious if they still require you to fax a phone bill.

Just got a new phone so I need to go through the process again but I'm hoping it won't be as difficult as before. Last time was during the MCI/GTL change......

Thanks for any info.

meagannn
05-17-2008, 02:50 AM
I just called GTL at 877-650-4249 and used the automated system... it gives you an option to set up a new prepaid account. i didn't do anything but enter my phone number. I signed up about 2 months ago! Hope this helps!
:)

Just-Cynt
05-17-2008, 06:10 AM
I need to set up a new prepaid account and I was curious if they still require you to fax a phone bill.

Just got a new phone so I need to go through the process again but I'm hoping it won't be as difficult as before. Last time was during the MCI/GTL change......

Thanks for any info.

Hi and welcome to PTo, you might want to go to the Ohio forum and read over the info on GTL. It seems that Ohio GTL is maybe a little different or there are several options. So go check it out hopefully it will give you some answers!!! Good luck!!!

loveisfree
05-17-2008, 02:13 PM
So far so good, the number was approved on his phone list and I paid for the prepaid account today. The CSR said I would now be able to accept calls....yeahhhhhhhhh.... so according to him he does not have to make "another" attempt but we will see. I did not have to fax in anything either.
The automated system will accept prepaid? In the past they tried to charge me 4.75 on the 25 I put in as an advance pay.....but they changed it back over to the prepaid and no fee!