View Full Version : I finally get to visit him

kellyn
05-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Hello I have not had a lot to say, I have been reading a lot, everyday but never really had much to say. My boyfriend is currently in Milan Federal detention center here in Michigan. hes been there for 60 days and and 30 before that at Wayne County. He is waiting to be sent somewhere but of course we dont know where.

In the detention center its only immediate family for visits, but since its only his Mom and I and she doesnt drive he requested a special visit. They told him after 60 days they would consider it. well I WAS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!! i get to go tomorrow, I am so excited i want to scream.. I cant believe it. i am so nervous i cant believe i am actually going to get to hug and kiss him.. He is not much of a letter writer but is doing ok I have written him every single day and this is like a dream.

well the whole thing is a nightmare, I have been in a really deep depression since he left so i have not really talked about it.

He is going to be in for 3 years so I know i have to "get with the program" but it still has not sunk in i guess.

So now i am scared,nervous,excited and just plain terrified something will happen between now and tomorrow morning. I know seeing him will help me to cope so this is great news. sorry if i am rambling just so excited i had to share with someone and this is where i have gotten all my information, inspiration and hope from all of you!!

thanks for being here, I am glad i found this site

:D

my-T-sad
05-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Sweetie I hope you have found out about dress reg's for visitors. I am so happy for you and want it to go well

RaysMeg
05-16-2008, 03:57 PM
I am SSSOOOO happy for you!! :) :) :) :)
I'm sure the bubble won't burst...nothing will happen between now and tomorrow morning!!
You need to be thinking about how much lovin' you guys want his momma to witness! Have a wonderful time....
~Make sure you get back on when you get home to tell us how it went! CONGRATS! :)

gerrodswife
05-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Im happy for you. Its exciting!! My hubby was in for 3 months before I got to see him. And I was so scared I was almost sick on the way to see him!! But it was all worth it to hug and kiss him!!! I hope you have a good visit!! Congrats!!

nicket23
05-16-2008, 06:25 PM
that's great you have been approved. Try not to be scared everything will be fine. I agree with t-sad get famalarized with dress code and stuff. Enjoy your visit.

eddiesgirl1
05-16-2008, 06:31 PM
im happy for you and dont be scared everything will be ok

silkyboricua
05-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Congrats..enjoy your visit everything will be fine :thumbsup:

907girl
05-16-2008, 06:58 PM
Woo-hoo! :yay:I'm so excited for you. Definately let us know how it goes!

Shelsonme
05-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Enjoy enjoy enjoy! I'm so happy for you :thumbsup:!

kellyn
05-18-2008, 01:06 AM
Well i had my visit. It was just him and I, his mom did not come.

I was terrified walking in there, and had read everything on visiting, clothing, times and was prepared. I met a great lady in the visiting room we were the first 2 there and she was really helpful. Turns out she was the wife of one of his "boys" they work in the kitchen together so i felt better. She told me what to expect, what we could and could not do etc.

When he walked in, i almost fell out of my chair. He was bald wow did he look different. still has his sexy smile but pale and bald was so hard to take at first. I felt like Alice and had fallen into the hole. and the whole room was unreal.

We were able to visit all day till 3 so it was great, we talked about everything and being able to hug and kiss him was unreal. I was proud i did not cry, since the whole first month he was gone thats all i did.

He was happy too, since he can't stand to see or hear me cry and i didnt want to make it harder on him. I did cry for most of the drive home.

I got home and he called and said "I dont like visits" and i knew why it was so hard for him to watch me leave and go back to the real world while he had to go get strip searched and bank to his lonely cell.

In a way i agree with him, it doesnt seem real. now all i can think about is why didnt i hold him longer, or kiss him longer, or say this or that. Just crazy thoughts all over the place. So i dont know if i get to visit again until they place him and I want to of course since he will be much further away.
but i wonder if it really does make it harder? im confused which i did not expect so lots of random thoughts going thru my head....:confused:

thanks for all the positive thoughts, i really appreciate it and im glad i got the nerve up to write.

gerrodswife
05-18-2008, 01:42 AM
Im glad you got to see your hunny!! I know how you feel. Everytime I leave my baby I feel like I should have held his hand more, or kissed him longer. But In a way it makes this easier for both of us I think. It gives us something to look forward to. I know every visit down its closer to him coming home!!