View Full Version : Returned letter today

Random_1
05-16-2008, 02:12 PM
I knew it would be returned though. My guy told me months ago about a trick he had tried that actually worked. He said if I wrote FRANK on the envelope where the stamp goes instead of putting postage on it, it would be delivered. He asked me to do this so he could prove to the other guys that it would work. BIG SURPRISE that it got returned, huh? He's such a dork!

empowered81
05-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Why would that work? Does FRANK stand for something?

Random_1
05-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Why would that work? Does FRANK stand for something?
I have no idea, he never explained it to me. I only did it yesterday because he asked me again to do it. I'll put a stamp on it and send it back tomorrow.

Maggiemissing
05-16-2008, 03:11 PM
I knew it would be returned though. My guy told me months ago about a trick he had tried that actually worked. He said if I wrote FRANK on the envelope where the stamp goes instead of putting postage on it, it would be delivered. He asked me to do this so he could prove to the other guys that it would work. BIG SURPRISE that it got returned, huh? He's such a dork!
That too funny! I'd love to know why he thought Frank would work.

Random_1
05-16-2008, 03:19 PM
That too funny! I'd love to know why he thought Frank would work.
He said it had in the past. He had a letter sent to him when he was at another facility with FRANK on it, but he said he threw it away.

poni'swoman
05-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Franked mail is for government and nonprofit mail. It won't work for regular people.

Random_1
05-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Franked mail is for government and nonprofit mail. It won't work for regular people.
What does it mean?

streetswifey
05-16-2008, 06:54 PM
LOL... your man is funny...
Like poni'swoman said, its for government and nonprofit mail. A
"franked envelope" usually has a signature of a government official or a seal of some sort. Letters and forms for official business are normally sent in franked envelopes.

Maggiemissing
05-17-2008, 01:18 AM
He said it had in the past. He had a letter sent to him when he was at another facility with FRANK on it, but he said he threw it away.

Its so nice to actually have a good laugh I am so sick of being worried ect but your post really took my mind off things. Thanks for that!

Drewslady149
05-17-2008, 01:27 AM
the funny thing about that is I have sen "Frank"on mail somewhere but I can't remeber where...that is going to bug me now that I can't remeber where I saw it...but I did think it was weird that frank was on it....LOL now I guess I know

Drewslady149
05-17-2008, 01:30 AM
LOL well after a little invesgating I found the letter....my husband had sent it to me.....but it had stamps on it so the only thing I can think of is he tried it to test it but then it was sent back to him so he could put stamps on it for frank.....LOL

PTO-92958
05-17-2008, 03:29 PM
LOL... your man is funny...
Like poni'swoman said, its for government and nonprofit mail. A
"franked envelope" usually has a signature of a government official or a seal of some sort. Letters and forms for official business are normally sent in franked envelopes.

Thank you. I learned something new today. :cool:

golden2006
05-18-2008, 01:58 PM
You know what.. my dh said something about that a few months ago, but I never tried it!! lol

J_Noon
05-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not even in the dictionary? :p

PTO-92958
05-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not even in the dictionary? :p

I was about to go look that up to confirm that fact, but suddenly realized I would indeed find it there...with a picture of me as the definition! LOL!

robs_angel
05-24-2008, 01:50 PM
to funny sounds like something my man would try.

sarah Moats

HisServant
05-27-2008, 10:38 PM
At least it didn't cost you anything to test his theory, lol! :)

myhopeneverdies
05-28-2008, 01:01 AM
I Got A Good Laugh Out Of This! Thanks! ;)

jasonzwifey2011
05-28-2008, 10:37 AM
That's so cute though... he wanted you to try it and you did. I love the dedication. :) I can't say I wouldn't have tried it either and in the dictionary, my pic is probably UNDER Goldenglove.... LOL

Also, I never knew about FRANK either so now I learned something today too - and I used to be a mail clerk in the Army... what do ya know...

Csmcgrl23
05-28-2008, 10:43 AM
I was about to go look that up to confirm that fact, but suddenly realized I would indeed find it there...with a picture of me as the definition! LOL!

If you hadn't of posted this I would have been feeling stupid right about now!!! LOL.