View Full Version : No MAIL!! please dance w/ me

golden2006
05-16-2008, 08:32 AM
I need some serious dancing going on!

I haven't received mail in a week, which is unlike my DH. esp. since he writes 3 times per week, and I just sent him a ton of stuff. And our anniversary is Saturday. Which makes it worse is that he hasn't called since last Sunday. Another unlike him. I called the FCI and they said oh well he has priviledges, and that's all they could say. :angry:
anyways I am getting worried about him and the fact that he could have at least written to tell me what's going on..

so please... dance that I get mail the next few days. .I need it. .I hate stressing over small stuff like this, but I have no way of knowing if he is okay.

Thanks!

jasonzwifey2011
05-16-2008, 09:10 AM
I need some serious dancing going on!

I haven't received mail in a week, which is unlike my DH. esp. since he writes 3 times per week, and I just sent him a ton of stuff. And our anniversary is Saturday. Which makes it worse is that he hasn't called since last Sunday. Another unlike him. I called the FCI and they said oh well he has priviledges, and that's all they could say. :angry:
anyways I am getting worried about him and the fact that he could have at least written to tell me what's going on..

so please... dance that I get mail the next few days. .I need it. .I hate stressing over small stuff like this, but I have no way of knowing if he is okay.

Thanks!

*grabs golden by the arm* We will Dance like there's tomorrow!!

:grouphug: from all of to you!!

AlwaysUs2011
05-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Gives Golden a :grouphug: and starts mail :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:: dance::dance:

lilithinwaiting
05-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Here ya go! http://th232.photobucket.com/albums/ee243/Kimetriece/th_dancers-3.gif (http://photobucket.com/image/dancers/Kimetriece/dancers-3.gif?o=31) and will add a little of this for good measure. http://th219.photobucket.com/albums/cc132/fewr/th_Jabbawockeez.jpg (http://photobucket.com/image/dancers/fewr/Jabbawockeez.jpg?o=32)

jayluvsme
05-16-2008, 02:05 PM
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::rock::rock::ro ck::rock:let's dance the night away:thumbsup::thumbsup:
kool huh

tinktink5
05-16-2008, 05:17 PM
i need some dancin too lol no mail in 2 weeks for me hopefully we will all get mail tomorro heres a dance for every one:fb::yay::grouphug::yay::dance::dance::dance::d ance:

CONWIFE
05-16-2008, 05:36 PM
:yay::fb::dance:here's a dance for everyone!

Passingtrucker
05-18-2008, 03:56 AM
.....I haven't received mail in a week....

This may sound stupid of me to bring this up, but may I inquire how much time had passed since you mailed your letter? I 've just received my first penpal reply from an inmate serving at CIW Frontera (womens' prison in Corona, California). I had given up on hearing from her after 2 weeks had passed without an answer. I mailed my letter on Tuesday 4-22-2008, and she wrote back saying she received them on Tuesday 5-12-2008, and the prison is only 12 miles away from me !! According to another PTO male member who's writing to an inmate at CCIW (womens' prison) in Chowchilla, CA, his mail is averaging 2 weeks to reach his daughter, and he's only an hour's drive away from CCIW. I'd speculate the guards not only inspect all inbound letters for hidden contraband, but they're probably reading the letter's contents to make sure people are not discussing plans for a jailbreak, or gang members sending coded messages to keep gang leaders posted on how their drug trafficking, prostitution, etc... operations are coming along while they're locked up.

I learned this from watching one of the educational cable (it was either the HistoryChannel, TruTV, DiscoveryChannel, etc...) channels. They once aired a documentary on what prison guards go through, and they not only have to inspect for hidden contraband under the stamps, or in thin layers sandwiched between 2 papers, but they also have to read incoming mail to seek out messages pertaining to criminal activities outside, or inside the walls. I'd speculate the practice of reading letters' contents is standard for all prisons in every state. The documentary mentioned the guards are looking for coded messages that can be interpreted as an order to assasinate someone inside. Supposedly, when a "hit" is ordered, they create a diversion by scheduling a melee, or an isolated riot in one area of the prison, to draw guards' attention away while inmates carry out the assasination.

After watching the documentary, its fair to conclude that an increase in the number of inbound mail will likely increase the delay-time before inmates receive their letters. A heavy volume of inbound mail means guards will take longer having to search all letters for hidden contraband, and forbidden subject topics.

I've sent a letter suggesting each prison facility were to generate revenue, and cut down on guards having to search mail for contraband, by simply allowing email to prison inmates. I've proposed each email correspondent were to require establishing an account with the prison facility (similar to Paypal), and the prison would charge 50 for each email to an inmate. We're already paying the Postal Service 42 stamps, not to mention the cost of paper and the envelope. Why not establish email forwarding to inmates, and let the prison generate $$ to subsidize the cost of running the prison system. The merit in my proposal, is that inmates not only receive messages faster, but the prison saves $$ from having to assign guards to inspect all incoming snail-mail for hidden contraband, and they generate $$ that otherwise, we'd be spending on postage stamps.

LeaAnn
05-18-2008, 07:42 AM
Well I'll join you because I need a letter myself! :)

Angel7207
05-18-2008, 08:34 AM
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: I hope you get a letter soon. I know how it feels to just sit there waiting and wondering what's going on!!! Oh and happy ann.:D

golden2006
05-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Thank you everyone! I received mail on friday!! woohoo! And it was a good one too! ;)

golden2006
05-18-2008, 01:55 PM
This may sound stupid of me to bring this up, but may I inquire how much time had passed since you mailed your letter? I 've just received my first penpal reply from an inmate serving at CIW Frontera (womens' prison in Corona, California). I had given up on hearing from her after 2 weeks had passed without an answer. I mailed my letter on Tuesday 4-22-2008, and she wrote back saying she received them on Tuesday 5-12-2008, and the prison is only 12 miles away from me !! According to another PTO male member who's writing to an inmate at CCIW (womens' prison) in Chowchilla, CA, his mail is averaging 2 weeks to reach his daughter, and he's only an hour's drive away from CCIW. I'd speculate the guards not only inspect all inbound letters for hidden contraband, but they're probably reading the letter's contents to make sure people are not discussing plans for a jailbreak, or gang members sending coded messages to keep gang leaders posted on how their drug trafficking, prostitution, etc... operations are coming along while they're locked up.

I learned this from watching one of the educational cable (it was either the HistoryChannel, TruTV, DiscoveryChannel, etc...) channels. They once aired a documentary on what prison guards go through, and they not only have to inspect for hidden contraband under the stamps, or in thin layers sandwiched between 2 papers, but they also have to read incoming mail to seek out messages pertaining to criminal activities outside, or inside the walls. I'd speculate the practice of reading letters' contents is standard for all prisons in every state. The documentary mentioned the guards are looking for coded messages that can be interpreted as an order to assasinate someone inside. Supposedly, when a "hit" is ordered, they create a diversion by scheduling a melee, or an isolated riot in one area of the prison, to draw guards' attention away while inmates carry out the assasination.

After watching the documentary, its fair to conclude that an increase in the number of inbound mail will likely increase the delay-time before inmates receive their letters. A heavy volume of inbound mail means guards will take longer having to search all letters for hidden contraband, and forbidden subject topics.

I've sent a letter suggesting each prison facility were to generate revenue, and cut down on guards having to search mail for contraband, by simply allowing email to prison inmates. I've proposed each email correspondent were to require establishing an account with the prison facility (similar to Paypal), and the prison would charge 50 for each email to an inmate. We're already paying the Postal Service 42 stamps, not to mention the cost of paper and the envelope. Why not establish email forwarding to inmates, and let the prison generate $$ to subsidize the cost of running the prison system. The merit in my proposal, is that inmates not only receive messages faster, but the prison saves $$ from having to assign guards to inspect all incoming snail-mail for hidden contraband, and they generate $$ that otherwise, we'd be spending on postage stamps.

They usually put mail right out. I haven't ran into any problems. When dh would said he put it in the mail that night, it came w/in 2 days. I think lately their mail has been going out slow for whatever reason.. not sure. But maybe there is someone new doing the mail or they were behind.. don't know.. but finally get some mail!! :D

wtomatoo1030
05-19-2008, 02:02 AM
I think I need some dancin too .... no mail in 3 weeks for me ...Normally I get his letter in 7-10 days..but this month (May). None!! :( Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jasonzwifey2011
05-19-2008, 10:25 AM
Thank you everyone! I received mail on friday!! woohoo! And it was a good one too! ;)

YAY!!! :clap: See? The mail :dance: really does work!! We're so happy for you! I hope I get mail today...I didn't get one since Mon last week.