View Full Version : No Letters or pics, Just postcards

thingstosay
05-15-2008, 05:29 AM
:angry:We live in Fort myers FL & our wonderful Sheriff Scott has changed it now where the inmates get no letters or pics, just postcards. Not to mention they did a lockdown the day after it went in to affect & took everything the inmates had including pics of their families. I am so MAD that I can not write my son I am gonna blow!!! He is trying to make a business out of these inmates, it is all about money. Does anyone know of something we can do to fight this? maybe I can start a petition!!! But I don't know how.

Foreverhis31907
05-15-2008, 05:48 AM
Ok that is just insane..I would look up title 15 or anything that has to do with inmates rights. To often people want to treat them unfairly because the simple fact that they are in prison. Still they are human beings and they do have rights. To take away letters and there family pictures this has to go way against there rights. I would talk to an attorny There are organizations around that deal with these sort of things.

24jf
05-15-2008, 06:56 AM
I'm reading about this happening more and more :angry: I don't know if it will do any good but I'd certainly try contacting the ACLU and seeing if they would get involved. As I said I don't know if it will do any good but nothing ventured, nothing gained.