View Full Version : UGHH!!! Since the postage is 42 cents I didn't get mail!!!

MzVirgo
05-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Did anyone's loved attempt to send them a letter on Monday and it got sent back to them because I guess the jails didn't inform the inmates that the postage went up to 42 cents so if anyones loved one sent them a letter you won't get it. Thats what happened to me...my boyfriend is pissed because he wrote a long letter...but ooh well guess that kind of stuff is unavoidable...on the bright side...he did get his spring package! haha

jasonzwifey2011
05-14-2008, 09:17 AM
:mad: Girl YES.. .my baby called last night and said guess what, I mailed you a letter and they sent it back because it had 41 cent stamp. What buttholes... like I couldn't have paid the postage for 1 cent when it got here!! I was so pissed.. and who knows how long the comissary will take to start carrying 42 cent stamps.... Oh I hate this... but I guess we gotta do what we gotta do right?

MzVirgo
05-14-2008, 09:19 AM
and who knows how long the comissary will take to start carrying 42 cent stamps.... Oh I hate this... but I guess we gotta do what we gotta do right?

Yeahh in the world knows when!!! URG
and on top of that because they are in a facility you think because it was sent out monday they would get some type of grace period where you can use 42 cent stamps for atleast a week ya know!! GOSH!

LOL right its a freaking penny!!!!!!!!!

jasonzwifey2011
05-14-2008, 09:25 AM
I know. I was thinking the same thing about the grace period. What a bunch of bums. I swear - they think of ANYTHING to keep our loved ones from us. Where is your baby located? Mine is in NJ.

AlwaysUs2011
05-14-2008, 09:30 AM
OMG! I never even thought that might be why I havent gotten any mail the last 2 days. That is awful to do to inmates. I think that when there is a price change like that, the mailroom should tell the inmates that the postage rate went up. That is some ish!

MzVirgo
05-14-2008, 09:41 AM
OMG! I never even thought that might be why I havent gotten any mail the last 2 days. That is awful to do to inmates. I think that when there is a price change like that, the mailroom should tell the inmates that the postage rate went up. That is some ish!

Yupp you can only imagine how many other loved ones are probably mad like why didn't I get any mail...I hope everyone reads this thread because I'm pretty sure a lot of people aren't aware of the change. The only reason I know is because I am the mail clerk at my job lol and I had to update our pitney bowes machine last week and the effect was to start on monday may 12th.

Doc's Sis
05-14-2008, 10:40 AM
WHO returned letters to inmates? The Mail Room OR USPS? I think USPS would have let it be sent to you and then tell you there is postate due.

A grace period? I don't think so. USPS isn't going to do that. There was more than enough information about the increase for several months now. Most people listen to the news, read newspapers, catch news headlines on their computer, etc. USPS was advertising the Forever Stamps for quite a while. Also, there have been threads at this web site about it.....

convict lover
05-14-2008, 10:44 AM
If You Buy The Pre-stamped Envelopes Make Sure You Add The One Cent Stamp To Them. The Post Office Should Have The Upgraded Ones Within The Month.

Csmcgrl23
05-14-2008, 11:00 AM
This was news for MONTHS...I'm sure they were informed because the facility wants to get the extra cost as well, they know they purchase stamps so I'm sure somewhere there was something telling them that the price of a stamp went up. Then of course it was all over PTO, so I would think everyone would have said something to their loved one and if sending stamps would have sent the Forever stamps. I do believe that the facility taking mail on Friday knowing it wouldn't go out till Monday would have told them to put more postage on...but it is what it is. They'll just have to re-send the letters. At least they weren't lost out in space for forever like letters of mine have been.

MzVirgo
05-14-2008, 11:24 AM
WHO returned letters to inmates? The Mail Room OR USPS? I think USPS would have let it be sent to you and then tell you there is postate due.

A grace period? I don't think so. USPS isn't going to do that. There was more than enough information about the increase for several months now. Most people listen to the news, read newspapers, catch news headlines on their computer, etc. USPS was advertising the Forever Stamps for quite a while. Also, there have been threads at this web site about it.....

NO they didn't let it get sent to me they just returned it to the facility and not everyone was aware of it. If that was the case he wouldn't have sent it... and not everyone is entitled to buying the forever stamps. And you said MOST people so yeahh maybe he wasn't part of that MOST. Unfortunately I didn't catch those threads girl. Also it slipped my mind because I happen to be the mail clerk at my job and updated my machine so I forgot to tell him...human mistake...

MzVirgo
05-14-2008, 11:27 AM
This was news for MONTHS...I'm sure they were informed because the facility wants to get the extra cost as well, they know they purchase stamps so I'm sure somewhere there was something telling them that the price of a stamp went up. Then of course it was all over PTO, so I would think everyone would have said something to their loved one and if sending stamps would have sent the Forever stamps. I do believe that the facility taking mail on Friday knowing it wouldn't go out till Monday would have told them to put more postage on...but it is what it is. They'll just have to re-send the letters. At least they weren't lost out in space for forever like letters of mine have been.

Well the news for MONTHS wasn't brought to my attention until last week. So yeahhhh and I wasn't seeing any post on PTO about so yeahh ooooooooooohh welllllllllll

jasonzwifey2011
05-14-2008, 11:30 AM
It must not have been news for months because I didn't know until I went to the Post Office on Sat to buy stamps and requested the heart stamps. Dude was like Oh the stamps are going up on Monday so you might as well wait to get the new heart stamps. I couldn't tell Jay until he called and he didn't call until Tues. So now he knows. And the mailroom at the jail sent the letter back not USPS. And we were really just joking about the grace period. We're really not that slooooow.... LOL

Csmcgrl23
05-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Well where I live it was news for months, I also saw it here on PTO many times. So just so you know...the price of stamps will go up AGAIN this time next year....so here's a heads up!

jasonzwifey2011
05-14-2008, 11:53 AM
THx for the headz up CM... def. be on the lookout for that...

johnnyrayzaimee
05-15-2008, 12:49 AM
My man knew before I did lol and he is locked up I sent out mail mon, tue, and wed and forgot about the postage until I got his letter today...that pisses me off

NtShadow
05-15-2008, 04:25 AM
My husband is the one who told me about it about 2 months ago. He picked up his 1 cent stamps last month.