View Full Version : Last Sunday I Went Up

ariesandtaurus
05-13-2008, 12:42 PM
My husband told me this past Sunday my son came to visit with his new girlfriend last Sunday, I said we were together last Sunday... He goes yeah, my son found out you were up on the visit and left.
He drove 3 1/2 hours to go visit his dad and because I was there, left.
He has never shown any kind of trying or respect to his father and never met me. They do not even know me at all and want to cause trouble.
I felt so upset, angry, mad and just felt really bad that my husband didn't get the chance to see his son.
They know I go on weekends so I really do not know why he would go without calling first or emailing me but the son can email me hate words and be disrespectful. My husband said he is going to demand that they stop this and wants us to meet but till this day nothing changed.
He found this out when he called his mom and she told him and my husband says to me, I am not convinced. I said not convinced why would your mother tell you this unless they want to start trouble.. all of them, his mom, daugther, son and ex wife... I do not understand after being married to him 13 years they never went up (hardly) never wrote, & now just come out from the wood and want to be hateful.

BabygirlNGary
05-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Im sorry your feeling this way just remember you cant change any of it. They are responsible for their own feelings and actions all you can do is love and be there for your husband. ((((HUGS))))

ariesandtaurus
05-13-2008, 02:42 PM
yes, that is what it is about.

HisSoul
05-13-2008, 05:32 PM
You just keep being there for your husband like you've been doing.. If his son wants to turn around and not visit his father because you were there, then he didn't want to visit him in the first place.. (Just my opinion) To have peace and harmony between all family members is great, but it is his son's loss not to try and have a relationship with his father..

ThatOneChick
05-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Hey Aries I bet if the son had went and visitied while you were up there, you'd now be posting about the son ruining/interrupting your visit.

Be thankful you had a good visit and leave it at that.

ariesandtaurus
05-14-2008, 09:23 AM
I always have good visits with my husband and if the son came in I would be happy to meet him and not interrupting my visit ... I do not know you Jordans mommy and you do not know me at all so I really do not understand why you would put this up. If you do not have anything good to say, do not say it.

PTO-92958
05-14-2008, 05:06 PM
I am sure jordans_mommy meant that in a supportive/positive way...meaning that since his son has an opinion or attitude about you already without knowing you (as you have shared with us), he may have said things to make your visit uncomfortable. I don't believe she meant you or your husband would contribute to the negativity.
None of us (or few of us) really "know" each other here, we're just trying to reply to, and support, each other.
I hope you do get to meet your stepson soon, and that getting to know him personally may disspell any bad feelings he may harbor regarding your relationship with his dad.
Blended families are difficult already without adding in the prison factor.
Hopefully, in time, your family will blend nicely. :)

NtShadow
05-15-2008, 04:37 AM
I am sure jordans_mommy meant that in a supportive/positive way...meaning that since his son has an opinion or attitude about you already without knowing you (as you have shared with us), he may have said things to make your visit uncomfortable. I don't believe she meant you or your husband would contribute to the negativity.
None of us (or few of us) really "know" each other here, we're just trying to reply to, and support, each other.
I hope you do get to meet your stepson soon, and that getting to know him personally may disspell any bad feelings he may harbor regarding your relationship with his dad.
Blended families are difficult already without adding in the prison factor.
Hopefully, in time, your family will blend nicely. :)

Well said!

timsbaby41
05-15-2008, 08:33 AM
You can't worry about what they think, Just keep doing what you've been doing ,its their loss on not wanting to get to know you
good luck