View Full Version : flag words

iloveray
05-13-2008, 08:30 AM
When I was talking to the lady from GTL yesterday regarding getting credit back for the calls that were terminated for 3 way call detection (that I don't have) she said that inmates are prepped when they first get there about "flag words" they aren't suppose to say on the phone that could cause call termination. My husband says he doesn't know what she 's talking about. Have you'll ever heard of such? She wouldn't ever tell me what they were but said he said them a lot-so it must be cuss words or sexual ones-ha!!

robs_angel
05-13-2008, 09:06 AM
I have never heard of "flag words" Rob has never mentioned anything like that. Hope you find out what they are or if its true or not.

Sarah Moats

msonlydabest
05-13-2008, 09:43 AM
It could be true...Because at the state that my baybay is at....He said SHUT UP...and the recording came on 'You are being monitored'...and I told him must be that they pick up certain words and he goes oh yeah..so could be

Kat
05-13-2008, 10:40 AM
I have never heard of this either but once Sieera wanted to talk to him and when she was talking it hung up so who knows

thugwife
05-13-2008, 04:21 PM
IT doesnt matter if you dont have 3 way call detection, most prisons have their phone system set up to sense that you are trying to use three way. Where my husband is, if I get a beep on call waiting and I attempt to answer it, the phone can and has hung up on me. Even though I was just beeping over. That is a no-no in the prison system. Also if you have a cell phone and just about ANY outside noise can cause a disconnect, they are NOT liable for disconnects on cell phones, because in their agreement it says cell phones are not reliable, at least that is how CBS is.

It tells you usually when they call that you are being recorded or monitored. I havent heard anything good about GTL, but correctional billing is ok. I doubt that you are going to get a refund, because do you know how many people could say they got disconnected, it would be non-stop headache with them going thru all the complaints.

PTO-92958
05-13-2008, 04:33 PM
I doubt that you are going to get a refund, because do you know how many people could say they got disconnected, it would be non-stop headache with them going thru all the complaints.

Hey, don't be so sure...
There's another thread in this forum from a girl who got just that!
Imagine...a refund from GTL for dropped calls! :thumbsup: That's whassup!

JrBLaM
05-13-2008, 05:08 PM
We go through CBS. We were having a lot of calls that would get really really loud and hard to hear (and it would last a long time) so he would hang up and call me back. I complained to CBS and they said they would do an investigation on the phone. They came back and told me its my phone, which it's totally not. I complained a little more and they then credited my account for dropped calls, I just had to tell them the date they happened. They told me if it keeps happening to tell him to hang up right away and call me back and then let them know and they could keep crediting me.

So far I have had pretty good luck with CBS.

NowHisWife
05-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Hey, don't be so sure...
There's another thread in this forum from a girl who got just that!
Imagine...a refund from GTL for dropped calls! :thumbsup: That's whassup!

I was also refunded.

thugwife
05-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Gee Whiz, I Said I Doubt You Would Get Refunded, I Didnt Say You Wouldnt. I Am Saying That I Have Been Dealing With The System For 11 Years And Have Had My Share Of Dropped Calls And Havent Got Refunded Except Once And Then I Was Told That They Do Not Refund Cell Phone Calls Because They Are Not Guaranteed. I Have Seen Many Many Nightmare Stories On Here Of Gtl, Thats Why I Said That, Because Of The Bbb Claims Among Other Things. Gomn---figure It Out.

Hisoneandonly
05-20-2008, 08:35 PM
We have had a called terminated, right after our daughter was born I was trying to not cry, and got quite for more than 30 seconds and the recording came on " attempt to make a fradulent call has been detected. This call is now terminated, Goodbye."

He called right back and told me that even if I'm just saying something or crying loud enough to be heard, I have to do something to not get terminated.

Foolish Pride
05-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Hey I was on the phone with my boyfriend and all of a sudden I heard violation and it hung up and I haven't heard from him since yesterday he was swearing a few times could it be because of that? And when will he be able to call me again ? He's in federal prison camp.

cyndi34
05-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Got terminated a few times having phone sex. LOL

iloveray
05-23-2008, 02:42 PM
I talked w/the phone lady at his prison yesterday and she told me there were no rules about that kind of stuff that you could have phone sex or whatver you wanted.

timsbaby41
05-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Got terminated a few times having phone sex. LOL

get outta here,that would suck big time.:(

myhopeneverdies
05-24-2008, 09:37 PM
hmm... I never had any experiences like that... we cuss, if we are mad, I cry a lot, when I am uspet, we have phone 'fun' also, and none of that causes our calls to be terminated....
the only time the call would hung up is if I push one of the bottons, with numbers... If I try to make a 3 way calls, I would put him on the hold, and then call the other party and it never hung up like that....

but that can depend from prison to prison maybe? I dont know....

cyndi34
05-25-2008, 10:41 AM
He looked in the rule book,there is nothing that says we cant have phone sex.So he asked a CO why we get terminated everytime we try.His answer was it must offend whoever monitors the call.My thing is if it offends,stop listening,but dont disconnect us,thats money out my pocket when he has to call back.

Maya2007
05-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Once my youngest son was SCREAMING and CRYING in the background when I first answered the call because HE wanted to talk to my man FIRST!!! The background SCREAMING was enough to terminate my call from him...

And since then my youngest son stopped screaming/demanding to talk to him first!! He knows that he wont get a chance to talk to my man if he does that.

FreelyCuffed
05-25-2008, 05:04 PM
i have had many calls dropped. Some calls have said there is no third party calling allowed when we were in the middle of some conversation about daycare. I think sometimes the system just messes up. it has also dropped our calls for no reason at all.

Waitin4BlueEyes
05-26-2008, 09:12 PM
He looked in the rule book,there is nothing that says we cant have phone sex.So he asked a CO why we get terminated everytime we try.His answer was it must offend whoever monitors the call.My thing is if it offends,stop listening,but dont disconnect us,thats money out my pocket when he has to call back.

This is definitely why so many calls get disco'd. Whoever is monitoring the calls has the right to disco a call if they feel offended, if they deem it inappropriate, if the inmate is not supposed to be on the phone at the time, etc.
So it's not always the phone call provider disconnecting your calls!