View Full Version : Victory!Refund from GTL

iloveray
05-13-2008, 07:07 AM
Everyone please use the information I posted concerning the BBB. I got a call back from GTL yesterday b/c of my complaint with the BBB and received credit back for all the calls I had disconnected due to "three way call detection" which I don't have. It came out to about $115 worth of credit. I was told that once you make a complaint it goes to a specific department and then you will receive a call back and number if they get the answering machine and it will actuallly be someone you can understand. One point to mention though is she told me when calls are being disputed it is standard practice for them to listen to them. So they listened to all 40 calls between me and my husband that I was disputing. I told her I bet that was pretty interesting. She said that my husband was a "little firecracker." ha!! She also told me she had heard that when an inmate comes up for parole that the parole board listens to their calls when determing whether to let them out-I don't know if that's true or not but something to think about.

jasonzwifey2011
05-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Iloveray! Girl you give the best advice... I can only imagine what they would say if they heard my fiance and me... LOL Well I'm so glad to hear you actually got a response - sometimes the system really does work. (Following procedure). ;) Congrats and I hope your husband is happy with the news too.

Take care and keep ya head up!!

hisfuturewife1
05-13-2008, 11:58 AM
im so glad that i read the information because i used gtl so my boyfriend can get in contact with me and boy we do have our moments on the phone(lol):p

soinlove2004
05-13-2008, 12:32 PM
They must get a lot of complaints from the BBB, I did the same thing about 2 years back, but got no where!!!
My bank did reverse the charges though. GTL used to charge my card and not credit my account!!!
Grrr!!!
I am almost glad my boyfriend is not able to call!!! I dont mean that, but I am glad that GTL isnt getting any money from me!!!!